GETTYSBURG, Pa., June 29, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OPEN MINDS announced that Toby Ewing, Ph.D., Executive Director of California Mental Health Services Oversight & Accountability Commission (MHSOAC), and Brian Wheelan, Executive Vice President & Chief Strategy Officer of Beacon Health Options, will deliver the keynote addresses at the 2015 OPEN MINDS California Management Best Practices Institute. This two-day executive education event will be held on August 26-27, 2015 at the Marriott Mission Valley Hotel in San Diego, California.
Powered by OPEN MINDS' expertise in industry trends and best practices and Mental Health Systems' intimate knowledge of the California market, this highly acclaimed program will provide attendees with the knowledge they need to adapt to California's changing environment, the market context to position their organization effectively, and the guidance to move their organization forward. The institute is expected to draw more than 300 executives.
Dr. Toby Ewing's opening keynote presentation will focus on "Innovation, Integration, and the Future of Mental Health Services in California." Dr. Ewing is well known as a reformer and champion of oversight and improving outcomes of government programs. He has a wealth of experience in state government, public policy, and mental health and will provide unique insight into what to expect in the future of the health and human services industry.
The second day of the institute will open with a plenary address, "The Future Of Behavioral Health Carve-Out Models In An Integrated World," from Brian Wheelan, Executive Vice President & Chief Strategy Officer of Beacon Health Options. Mr. Wheelan leads Beacon Health Options' development efforts for health plans, state and local governments and employers, and develops strategies to deliver market-winning solutions to the company's existing and future clients and other stakeholders.
Monica E. Oss, Chief Executive Officer of OPEN MINDS, will close the event with her plenary session "Navigating The Path To Better Payer Relationships."
"To successfully navigate California's changing market, executive teams of service provider organizations need new tools for strategic planning and management best practices," explains Oss. "OPEN MINDS is excited to partner with MHS to provide executives with the information they need to lead their organizations through the current market changes and challenges."
In addition to the plenary sessions, the institute will consist of two days of information-packed sessions led by top industry thought leaders. Agenda highlights include:
- Strategic Planning Success: How To Find The Right Path For Your Organization In A Changing California Market
- Managing With Metrics: The Executive's Guide To Leading in A Numbers-Based Market
- Maximizing Your Team's Performance: A Look At Productivity Management & Performance-Based Compensation Models
- Navigating The Challenges Of Serving Individuals With Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities: An Update On The Transitioning California Market
- Increasing Challenges & Opportunities In The California Children's Service Market
- Running A Best Practice Digital Marketing Program: Using Online Marketing & Social Media To Your Advantage
- The Inside Perspective On Health Homes: How Other State's Experiences Can Help California To Prepare For Health Homes
- Mental Health & The California Criminal Justice System: Moving Justice-Involved Consumers Into The Counties/Communities
- California's County Mental Health System: An Update On Policies, Programs & Funding
- Managing Case Rates & P4P Contracts: How To Succeed In Moving Beyond Fee-For-Service
- And Many More!
Discounted registration for The 2015 OPEN MINDS California Management Best Practices Institute are available through July 10, 2015. Promotional rates are as follows:
- Individual Registrations For $495 (A Savings Of $100)
- 3-Person 'Group' Registrations For $1,350 (A Savings Of $300)
- 5-Person 'Group Registrations For $2,000 (A Savings Of $500)
More information on The 2015 OPEN MINDS California Management Best Practices Institute can be found online at: https://www.openminds.com/california
Mental Health Systems is a non-profit agency founded in 1978 to improve the lives of individuals, families and communities facing substance abuse and behavioral health challenges. Toward this end, they provide mental health and drug and alcohol rehabilitation services in an innovative and cost-effective manner. Learn more at www.mhsinc.org.
OPEN MINDS is a national market intelligence firm specializing in the sectors of the health and human service industry serving individuals with complex support needs: mental health; addiction treatment; children and family services; intellectual and developmental disabilities; chronic disease management; long term care; social services; correctional health care, reentry and diversion; and juvenile justice.
Founded in 1987 and based in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, the 75+ associates believe by providing the latest market intelligence and management best practices to organizations serving the health and social support needs of the most vulnerable consumers, those organizations will be better able to provide efficient and effective services. Learn more at www.openminds.com.
For additional questions and inquiries, please contact Tim Snyder, Vice President, Marketing, OPEN MINDS at 717-334-1329 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONTACT: Tim Snyder Vice President, Marketing Phone: 717-334-1329 Email: email@example.com
Source: Open Minds