San Francisco, California, June 30, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global Silicone Elastomers Market is expected to reach USD 10.02 billion by 2022, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growth of key end-use industries such as construction, automotive and electrical & electronics, particularly in emerging markets of Latin America and Asia Pacific is expected to remain a key driving factor for the market growth. Increasing healthcare expenditure in emerging markets coupled with presence of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure in developed economies is also expected to fuel silicone elastomers demand over the forecast period. High production cost is expected to remain a key challenge for market participants over the next seven years.
High temperature vulcanize (HTV) was the leading product segment and accounted for 60% of total market volume in 2013. HTV is expected to continue its dominance over the forecast period. RTV is expected to witness the highest growth of 6.0% over the next seven years. Silicone can be manifested in various other forms such as adhesives, sealants, coatings, oils, lubricants and resins. These materials can be tailored to specific performance requirements.
Browse to access In-depth research report on Global Silicone Elastomers Market with detailed charts and figures: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/silicone-elastomers-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global silicone elastomers market demand was 1,010.5 kilo tons in 2014 and is expected to reach 1,505.4 kilo tons by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 5.3% from 2014 to 2022.
- Construction emerged as the largest application segment and accounted for 44.1% of total market volume in 2014. Increasing construction spending particularly in India, China and Indonesia is expected to drive this segment over the forecast period. Silicone elastomers demand in healthcare industry is expected to witness robust growth over the next seven years.
- Asia Pacific dominated the global silicone elastomers market with 55.6% of demand share in 2014. Asia Pacific is also expected to witness the highest growth of 5.9% from 2015 to 2022. Increasing construction spending coupled with positive outlook on regional automotive industry is expected to drive silicone elastomers demand over the next seven years. Favorable factors such as government initiatives to develop infrastructure can also be attributed for such promising growth opportunities.
- Silicone elastomers industry displays strong steps taken by companies such as forging partnerships and investing in R&D with an aim to develop their product line and increase production capacity. Prominent industry participants include Specialty Silicone Products, Wacker Chemie AG, Reiss Manufacturing Inc., Momentive Performance Materials Inc., Dow Corning Corporation and Mesgo S.P.A.
Get more insights about the Global Silicone Elastomers Market or request for sample of this research report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/silicone-elastomers-market
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the silicone elastomers market on the basis of product, application and region:
Global Silicone Elastomers Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- High Temperature Vulcanize (HTV)
- Room Temperature Vulcanize (RTV)
- Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR)
Global Silicone Elastomers Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Electrical & Electronics
- Automotive & Transportation
- Industrial Machinery
- Consumer Goods
Global Silicone Elastomers Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Middle East & Africa
- Central & South America
Browse to access more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/plastics-polymers-and-resins
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
This market research report by Grand View Research can also be accessed @ https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/silicone-elastomers-market-reach-1002-billion-2022-sherry-james?published=t
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source:Grand View Research