TORONTO, July 1, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Anticipation is rising along with the temperatures as driving enthusiasts across Canada plan their next adventure behind the wheel. Brand-new, right-off-the-truck cars are now arriving at Avis Canada locations, offering exciting new ways to enjoy the highways and byways from British Columbia to Newfoundland.
Avis Canada rents vehicles to suit almost any travel occasion, backed by premium service and convenient locations at airports and metropolitan areas across the country. Some of the new vehicles entering the Avis Canada fleet include these exciting options:
- Mercedes Benz E400 4MATIC, a distinctive sport luxury sedan featuring all-wheel drive, a 3.0-liter bi-turbo engine with 329 horsepower and seven-speed automatic transmission, with on-board navigation, a panoramic sunroof, 14-way power adjustable leather seats, and genuine Mercedes AMG styling and 18" AMG twin five-spoke wheels.
- BMW X5 35i, BMW's "sports activity vehicle," offering superior engineering such as Dynamic Stability Control, with brake fade compensation, start-off assistant, brake drying, dynamic traction control and dynamic brake control for ultimate performance and safety.
- Chevrolet Impala, the newly redesigned family sedan that has won numerous accolades for quality and value, featuring a roomy interior with seating for five and a large trunk for luggage and other travel necessities.
- Cadillac ATS, the sporty sedan that has the luxury import brands taking notice. With room for up to five passengers, a power sunroof, all-wheel drive and the renowned StabiliTrak electronic stability control system, the ATS is a great way to ride in style.
- Mini Cooper, powered by a frugal yet peppy three-cylinder Twin Power Turbocharged engine that delivers 134 horsepower; this vehicle also features a six-speed automatic transmission and a panoramic sunroof.
"When summer comes, Canadians and visitors alike want to get out on the open road and take in our majestic scenery and vistas, and enjoy the ride in comfort and style. Avis Canada has a variety of outstanding vehicles including some of the most in-demand brands in the world," said William Boxberger, vice president and general manager, Canada Operations, Avis Budget Group. "If you've never experienced the sensation of driving one of these superior automobiles, now's the time to visit Avis and see how much fun you're missing."
GPS devices, coverages, child safety seats and Roadside Assistance are available for rent at Avis locations throughout Canada, to help ensure that travel is enjoyable for any occasion.
Avis Car Rental operates one of the world's best-known car rental brands with approximately 5,200 locations in more than 165 countries. Avis has a long history of innovation in the car rental industry and is one of the world's top brands for customer loyalty. Avis is owned by Avis Budget Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:CAR), which operates and licenses the brand throughout the world. For more information, visit www.avis.com.
CONTACT: Alice Pereira 973.496.3916 PR@avisbudget.com
Source: Avis Car Rental