PARSIPPANY, N.J., July 2, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- You've saved up for that long-anticipated honeymoon, family vacation, or the chance to finally travel to a destination you've always dreamed of visiting. You want everything to be perfect. Help make sure that it's the best trip ever by giving Budget Car Rental your email address when you reserve a car. Why?
Providing an email address allows Budget to communicate more effectively with renters before, during and after a rental, and those communications are important. Budget can provide customers who have email addresses on file with an email confirmation of the details of their reservation, can contact a customer if an item has been left behind after the car is returned, and can email a receipt immediately upon completion of a rental transaction. And those customers who opt-in online at budget.com can choose to receive emails with money-saving offers on Budget rentals.
"We respect the privacy of our customers and communicate with renters through email when needed," said Joe Ferraro, president, Americas, Avis Budget Group. "Providing us with your email address gives us a way to ensure we stay connected throughout your rental so as to help ensure that your family trip, couples getaway or any special travel occasion is worry-free."
Examples of ways Budget helps customers via email during and after a trip include:
- Save Money and Stay Informed: Sign up on Budget.com and provide your email address to receive email promotions, discounts, special offers, information about new products and services, and the latest news from Budget. These emails are optimized for viewing on mobile devices, and customers can opt out at any time.
- Expedited Rentals: Customers enrolled in Fastbreak can save their vehicle and protection preferences online to reserve a car with Budget's one-click online booking. Then, they can take advantage of faster reservations and less time at the rental counter. Fastbreak members can bypass the rental counter at many major airports.
- E-Receipt: Upon completion of the return process, customers who have a rental profile have their Budget receipt automatically sent directly to the email address on file, saving time and paper.
- Lost and Found: Every day, someone somewhere is getting on a plane heading home having left their phone, tablet, luggage or other beloved item such as a child's teddy bear in their rental car. With an email address on file, Budget can let customers know their belongings have been found and effect a faster return.
- Feedback Surveys: Every Budget customer who provides an email address is sent a customer satisfaction survey within minutes of completing a rental, providing an opportunity to rate the rental experience and help ensure that Budget is meeting or exceeding every customer's expectations, every time they rent.
- Vehicle Safety Recalls: The Company's long-standing policy is to immediately ground recalled vehicles upon receipt of the applicable Vehicle Identification Numbers (VIN) from the manufacturer. Budget will not rent or sell these cars until they have received the authorized repairs. For renters who may have one of these recalled cars out on the road, Budget will try to get in touch with the customer, inform them of the recall and the issue with the car, and offer the opportunity to return the vehicle to a nearby location and exchange to a different car.
"We strive to provide our customers with great value. Our ability to communicate directly with customers allows us to deliver a superior customer experience by proactively resolving potential problems faster," said Ferraro. "It's fast and it's easy to do, so if you plan to rent a car for that long-anticipated family trip, consider taking an extra minute to give us your email address, so we can stay connected and help make your trip more enjoyable."
Budget Car Rental is one of the world's best-known car rental brands with approximately 3,500 locations in more than 120 countries. Budget is an industry leader in providing vehicle rental services to value-conscious travelers and also operates one of the largest local and one-way truck rental businesses in the United States, through a network of approximately 1,550 locations. Budget is owned by Avis Budget Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:CAR), which operates and licenses the brand throughout the world. For further information, visit www.budget.com.
CONTACT: Alice Pereira 976.496.3916 PR@avisbudget.com
Source: Budget Car Rental