MCLEAN, Va., July 06, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Lightbridge Corporation (NASDAQ:LTBR), a leading innovator of next generation nuclear fuel designs and provider of nuclear energy consulting services to commercial and governmental organizations, today announced that the Company's annual meeting of shareholders is scheduled for 10 a.m. EDT Tuesday, July 14, 2015 at the Washington, D.C. offices of the Company’s legal counsel, Hogan Lovells US LLP, Columbia Square, 555 13th Street N.W.
Shareholders of record at the close of business on May 26, 2015 will be asked to re-elect five incumbent members of Lightbridge’s Board of Directors; ratify the selection by the Audit Committee of the Company's independent registered public accounting firm BDO USA, LLC for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2015; approve the Company’s 2015 Equity Incentive Plan; and cast nonbinding, advisory votes on executive compensation and to transact such other business as may properly come before the annual meeting or any adjournment thereof. The Lightbridge Corporation proxy statement with voting instructions and recommendations was filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 12, 2015.
After the business portion of the meeting, Lightbridge President and Chief Executive Officer Seth Grae will present a corporate update on Company operations and strategic direction.
Questions may be asked live, using the telephone lines below. Questions also may be submitted in writing before or during the event to email@example.com. All written questions will be read and answered during the call.
|Lightbridge Corporation 2015 Annual Meeting of Shareholders Conference Call & Webcast|
|Date:||Tuesday, July 14, 2015|
|Time:||10 a.m. ET|
|International Call-In:||http://bit.ly/1LG3qAx for list of country-specific telephone numbers|
|Replay:||Available for one year at the URL above.|
Incumbent directors standing for re-election to one-year terms on the Lightbridge board are:
Seth Grae – President and Chief Executive Officer, Director
- He was named President, CEO and a director of Lightbridge in 2006. Mr. Grae is a member of the Civil Nuclear Trade Advisory Committee (CINTAC) to the U.S. Secretary of Commerce and the Nuclear Energy Institute’s Suppliers Advisory Committee. He earned a BA degree (cum laude) from Brandeis University, an MBA degree and LLM degree in international law with honors from Georgetown University, and a JD degree from American University.
Ambassador Thomas Graham, Jr. – Executive Chairman of the Board and Corporate Secretary
- He has been a member of the board of the Company and its predecessors since 1997. Ambassador Graham served as a senior U.S. diplomat involved in the negotiation of every major international arms control and non-proliferation agreement involving the United States from 1970 to 1997.
Victor E. Alessi, Ph.D.
- Dr. Alessi was elected to the board in 2006. He is President Emeritus of the United States Industry Coalition, an organization dedicated to commercializing technologies of the New Independent States of the former Soviet Union. He was President of DynMeridian, a DynCorp subsidiary specializing in arms control, non-proliferation and international security affairs. He earned a doctoral degree in nuclear physics from Georgetown University.
Kathleen Kennedy Townsend
- Appointed to the Lightbridge board in 2013, she is a Director at The Rock Creek Group, a Washington, D.C. based investment advisor. Ms. Townsend joined Rock Creek in 2007. She also serves on the Boards of Directors of three enterprises: NewTower Trust Company; the Pension Rights Center; and CanAlaska Uranium, Ltd. (TSX-V:CVV). Ms. Townsend was the State of Maryland's first woman Lieutenant Governor, serving from 1995 to 2003, and also was a Deputy Assistant Attorney General of the United States. A member of the bar in Maryland, Connecticut and Massachusetts, she is a certified broker-dealer and author.
Daniel B. Magraw
- A board member of the Company and its predecessors since 1996, he is a leading expert and author on international environmental law and policy. Mr. Magraw is a Fellow and Professorial Lecturer at the Foreign Policy Institute at Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies, and President Emeritus of the Center for International Environmental Law. From 1992 to 2001, he was Director of the International Environmental Law Office of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. He also practiced international and constitutional law.
About Lightbridge Corporation
Lightbridge is a nuclear energy company based in McLean, Virginia. The Company develops proprietary next generation nuclear fuel technologies for current and future nuclear reactor systems. Lightbridge's breakthrough fuel technology is establishing new global standards for safe and clean nuclear power and leading the way to a sustainable energy future. The Company also provides comprehensive advisory services for established and emerging nuclear programs based on a philosophy of transparency, non-proliferation, safety and operational excellence. Lightbridge consultants provide integrated strategic advice and expertise across a range of disciplines including regulatory affairs, nuclear reactor procurement and deployment, reactor and fuel technology and international relations. The Company leverages those broad and integrated capabilities by offering its services to commercial entities and governments with a need to establish or expand nuclear industry capabilities and infrastructure.
Important recent milestones achieved by Lightbridge include approval and issuance of key patents by the United States, Australia and South Korea for the Company’s multi-lobed metallic fuel rod design and fuel assemblies. In April 2015, nuclear fuel managers at Dominion Generation (NYSE:D), Duke Energy (NYSE:DUK), Exelon Generation (NYSE:EXC) and Southern Company (NYSE:SO) asked the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) to prepare to review Lightbridge’s fuel design, in advance of an expected application in 2017 to use the Company’s fuel in a U.S. reactor as early as 2020. The NRC relies on communications from U.S. utilities to adjust Commission staffing levels and budgets in anticipation of regulatory review of licensing applications.
Lightbridge is on Twitter. Sign up to follow @LightbridgeCorp at http://twitter.com/lightbridgecorp.
Forward Looking Statements
This news release contains statements that are forward-looking in nature within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements regarding the Company's competitive position and product and service offerings. These statements are based on current expectations on the date of this news release and involve a number of risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ significantly from such estimates. The risks include, but are not limited to, the degree of market adoption of the Company's product and service offerings; market competition; dependence on strategic partners; and the Company's ability to manage its business effectively in a rapidly evolving market. Certain of these and other risks are set forth in more detail in Lightbridge's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Lightbridge does not assume any obligation to update or revise any such forward-looking statements, whether as the result of new developments or otherwise.
Contact: Gary Sharpe Investor Relations and Corporate Communications Lightbridge Corporation 1-571-730-1213 firstname.lastname@example.org