San Francisco, California, July 15, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global market for insulin is expected to reach USD 47.54 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing global prevalence of type I and type II diabetes and the presence of high unmet needs in emerging markets such as India and China are expected to be two of the most significant growth drivers of this market. Moreover, increasing incidence rates of lifestyle induced diseases such as obesity and growing global geriatric population base are expected to serve the global insulin market as drivers.
The global intermediate and long acting insulin segments were two of the largest markets in 2013 and together accounted for over 45% of the overall revenue. Higher efficacy exhibited by these segments in terms of insulin peak time is one of the major factors accounting for their large market shares.
Browse to access In-depth research report on Global Insulin Market with detailed charts and figures: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/insulin-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Insulin analogs were the most dominant source in 2013 and accounted for over 70% of the revenue. These products are rapidly substituting the human recombinant insulin products by exhibiting higher efficacy.
- North America was the largest regional market in 2013, accounting for over 40% of global revenue. The presence of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure, high type I diabetes prevalence and patient disposable incomes in this region are some of the factors expected to drive market growth. Emerging markets including Asia Pacific accounted for 26.5% of global revenue in 2013.
- Asia Pacific insulin market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of over 15% from 2014 to 2020 on account of the presence of high unmet medical needs pertaining to diabetes and increasing healthcare expenditures in emerging markets such as India and China
- Key industry participants include Sanofi, Novo Nordisk, Eli Lilly, Novartis, Biocon, Oramed Pharmaceuticals, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Dongbao Enterprise Group Co., Ltd. and others.
Get more insights about the Global Insulin Market or request for sample of this research report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/insulin-market
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global insulin market on the basis of product, segment (on the basis of source), application and region:
• Insulin Product Outlook
• Fast Acting Insulin
• Short Acting Insulin
• Intermediate Acting Insulin
• Long Acting Insulin
• Pre-Mixed Insulin
• Insulin Segment (on the basis of source) Outlook
• Insulin Analogs
• Human Recombinant Insulin
• Insulin Application Outlook
• Insulin for Type I Diabetes
• Insulin for Type II Diabetes
• Insulin Regional Outlook
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse to access more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/pharmaceuticals
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source:Grand View Research