DALLAS, July 21, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In anticipation of the 1,000,000th serving of its 'Incredible' 15-Layer Lasagne, Spaghetti Warehouse Restaurants Inc. is saying "thanks a million" to their guests and giving away 1,000,000 Warehouse Club Reward Points for awards totaling $10,000 as part of an all-out, Lasagne-themed celebration.
Beginning July 27th, Spaghetti Warehouse will officially kick off their "Thanks a Million" promotion, a one-week celebration that will include:
- Official announcement that its goal of one million servings has been achieved;
- 1,000,000 Warehouse Club Reward Points Sweepstakes - featuring a giveaway of 101 gift cards with awards totaling $10,000;
- Special Lasagne promotional offer (from July 27-August 2) - receive a free appetizer with the purchase of (2) Lasagnes;
- Special one-day coupon offer on July 29th for a $6 Lasagne entree in celebration of National Lasagne Day;
- Support for local food banks - donate a canned or shelf stable food item and receive a Buy One Get One 'Incredible' 15-Layer Lasagne thank you card. All donations will be distributed to local food banks.
Early last summer, Spaghetti Warehouse announced plans to achieve a goal of providing one million servings of its 'Incredible' 15-Layer Lasagne to their guests. Soon thereafter, the Dallas-based restaurant chain began featuring a "lasagne counter" on its website.
According to Henry Lariscy, vice president - operations at Spaghetti Warehouse Restaurants Inc., Spaghetti Warehouse expects to reach its goal of one million servings the week of July 27th.
"What better way to celebrate reaching our goal than to show our appreciation to our guests by giving away a free appetizer with the purchase of two of our 'Incredible' 15-Layer Lasagnes," explained Lariscy. "And, we're adding some excitement with a sweepstakes that includes giving away a $1,000 gift card and 100 more gift cards ranging in value from $25 to $500. We invite everyone to visit one of our restaurants and fill out a sweepstakes entry form for a chance to win one of these great prizes."
Guests will also have the oppoprtunity to donate a canned or shelf stable food item and receive a Buy One Get One 'Incredible' 15-Layer Lasagne thank you card. All donations will be distributed to local food pantries in the communities in which Spaghetti Warehouse Restaurants are located.
According to Lariscy, "every one of the main ingredients we use in our 'Incredible' 15-Layer Lasagne is made from scratch, including the tomato sauce and Italian pork sausage. Even the cheeses we use - Romano, ricotta and mozzarella - are grated by hand. We prepare our lasagne carefully, so that it's always served hot and fresh, especially after we add a topping of even more of our house made meat sauce."
And, he noted that one million servings of its lasagne add up to "lots and lots of pasta" and is equal to:
- The total weight of one million servings of lasagne is roughly 916,666 pounds or the equivalent of 11,458 defensive ends in the National Football League (at an average weight of approximately 280 pounds);
- At its current height, one million servings of lasagne would equal 291,666 feet. By contrast, the world's tallest building - Burj Khalifa in Dubai - stands a mere 2,716.5 feet.
A photo accompanying this release is available at:
CONTACT: David Ayers (317) 502-8536 email@example.comSource:Spaghetti Warehouse