WASHINGTON, July 21, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
What's the News in the
2015 Social Security Trustees Report?
What: An in-depth explanation of the trustees' projections of Social Security's near-term and long-term finances by Social Security Chief Actuary Stephen C. Goss.
When: Thursday, July 23, 10:00am – 11:30am
Where: The Brookings Institution, 1775 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC
- How have Social Security's finances been affected by economic and demographic trends?
- What does the future hold for the Disability Insurance Trust Fund?
- Can we afford Social Security in the decades ahead?
- What options do policymakers have to ensure that Social Security remains secure?
- Attendees will receive copies of the Academy's new brief, Social Security Finances: Findings of the 2015 Trustees Report.
- Stephen C. Goss, Chief Actuary, Social Security Administration
- William J. Arnone, Chair, National Academy of Social Insurance and Former Partner, Ernst & Young
- Lisa Ekman, Director of Federal Policy, Health & Disability Advocates
- Moderator: Thomas N. Bethell, Senior Fellow, National Academy of Social Insurance
Register here or visit "Events" → www.nasi.org/events for details.
CONTACT: Jill Braunstein at 243-7009 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more informationSource:National Academy of Social Insurance(NASI)