The company revealed that its cash pile broke $200 billion for the first time, hitting some $203 billion. This is up 5 percent from last quarter, and up 23 percent from last year.
There are only 14 companies in the S&P 500 index that have a larger market cap than Apple's cash pile.
Apple's total cash is the equivalent of:
- The market cap of Disney.
- Nearly 184.5 million ounces of gold (with gold approximately at $1,100 an ounce)—more than all the gold in Fort Knox.
- The GDP of the Czech Republic.
- The GDP of Peru.
- Five times the combined value of all 30 MLB teams.
- Two-hundred-seventy separate trips to the moon.
- The total net-worth of Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, Mark Zuckerberg, and Jack Ma combined.
- The equivalent of more than 2,136 Sherry Netherland Penthouses.
- Handing each person in the United States a check for $632.