DEVENS, Mass., July 22, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Annually in various locations, Learning Express Toys hosts a franchise-wide Convention. The entire Learning Express Toys family, including store owners, store managers, home office employees and vendors, gathered in San Antonio, Texas, last month. While there, LE Toys presented its top vendors with awards.
"We want to recognize our distinguished vendors and to show appreciation for their partnership, as well as their ingenuity and proficiency creating toys with exceptional play value," says Sharon DiMinico, Founder of Learning Express Toys.
The following vendor awards were presented during the Convention:
• Best New Vendor Award – Two Bro Bows.
• Nominees: Barron's Publishing, Fat Brain Toys, Mellow Militia, Smart Noggin and The ROB Company.
• Best Marketing Program Award – Melissa and Doug.
• Nominees: Alex Brands, Logo Loops and Toysmith.
• Top Sales Awards – First Place: Melissa and Doug, Second Place: Lego, Third Place: Toysmith.
• Vendor of the Year Award – The Orb Factory.
• Nominees: Alex Brands, Toysmith, EDC Publishing and Melissa and Doug.
Learning Express Toys also awarded product awards to vendors whose products were new to the franchise in fall 2014 or spring 2015. Product awards are based on originality, creativity, leading-edge design, and sales performance in each of the following categories:
• Books – Awesome Doodle Pad & Delightful Doodle Pad from EDC Publishing. Nominees: Doll Art Studio from American Girl Publishing, Girls and Boys Books of Adventure from Barron's Publishing, Shopkins: The Ultimate Guide from Scholastic Publishing and Ocean: A Photicular Book from Workman Publishing
• Arts and Crafts – Shaggy Pillow Pony Kit (a Learning Express Toys exclusive) from The Orb Factory. Nominees: Loop de Loom from Ann Williams, String Art from Ann Williams, Pens, Markers and Sketchbooks from International Arrivals and Fashion Plates from Kahootz.
• Plush – Beanie Boos from Ty. Nominees: Reindeer Boo from Gund and Olaf from Ty.
• Science – Phantom Thinking Putty from Crazy Aaron's Putty World. Nominees: Glow in Dark Fun Lab from Alex Brands and Snap Circuits Motion from Elenco.
• Fashion/Tween – Logo Loops from Logo Loops. Nominees: Blink Time Watch from Daron Worldwide Trading, X3 Water Speakers from Leading Edge and Rainbow Lava Lamp from Schylling.
• Games – Gravity Maze from Think Fun. Nominees: Olaf's In Trouble from ACD Distribution, Spot It Frozen from Blue Orange Games and Simon Carabineer from Schylling.
• Infant/Toddler – NogginStik from Smart Noggin. Nominees: Mirari myPhone from Patch Products and SoapSox from SoapSox.
• Construction – Friends and City Advent Calendars from Lego. Nominees: Large Gear Set from Magformers and Ogobild Studio Kit from OgoSports.
• Action, Skill & Sports – Ultra Glow Air Power Soccer Disk from Toysmith. Nominees: Super Slam Basketball from Alex Brands, Swurfer from The ROB Company, Water Bazooka from Toysmith and Bow Assortment from Two Bros Bows.
• Party Favors – Shopkins from License to Play. Nominees: Minecraft MiniFigures from Mattel and Minecraft Hangar Series 2 from UCC Distributing.
• Preschool – Squigz Starter Set from Fat Brain Toys. Nominees: Royal Princess and Pirates Playhouses from International Playthings, Jumbo Car Carrier from Melissa and Doug and Magnetic Fishing Rod Set from Melissa and Doug.
• Toy of the Year – Beanie Boos from Ty. Nominees: String Art from Ann Williams, Fashion Plates from Kahootz, Shopkins from License 2 Play, Pens, Markers and Sketchbooks from International Arrivals, Logo Loops from Logo Loops, NogginStik from Smart Noggin, Swurfer from The ROB Company and Bow Assortment from Two Bros Bows.
About Learning Express Toys
Learning Express Toys is the nation's leading franchisor of educational toy stores with more than 125 locations across the country, each one locally owned and operated. Providing an extraordinary shopping experience, Learning Express Toys is known for its knowledgeable sales staff that offers expert advice on choosing the perfect toy, for every child, for every occasion. The Learning Express Toys product mix is carefully selected from manufacturers around the world, and each toy has exceptional play value. A birthday gift registry, free gift wrapping, free personalization, and civic fundraising make each Learning Express Toys store an integral part of its community.
For more information, interview requests, and media inquiries, please contact Becki Harrington-Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 978.889.1083.
To learn more about Learning Express Toys, franchise opportunities, or a store near you, visit learningexpress.com.
CONTACT: Becki Harrington-Davis at email@example.com or 978.889.1083.
Source: Learning Express