San Francisco, California, July 23, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global installed capacity for hydropower market is expected to reach 1,524 GW by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Cost advantages of hydropower based electricity generation and the substitution of fossil fuel based power production in an attempt to reduce carbon emission is expected to drive market demand. According to the estimates of the International Energy Agency (IEA), the deployment of sustainable hydropower as proposed by this organization will help avoid approximately one billion tones of annual carbon dioxide emission by 2050.
Rapid rise in demand for renewable energy especially in China, India and Brazil and the construction of key hydropower projects including the installation of 32 turbines and the completion of the third phase of the Three Gorges Dam in China in 2012, will fuel the future growth of this market. Supportive regulatory framework for sustainable energy in the U.S. and European Union is also expected to have a positive impact on market demand. Implementation of favorable government regulations such as the Hydropower Regulatory Efficiency Act and Small Conduit Hydropower Development and Rural Jobs in the U.S. and growing number of funding programs pertaining to the renewable energy sector in developed countries such as Italy and Canada are some of the factors which are expected to present future growth opportunities.
Browse to access In-depth research report on Global Hydropower Market with detailed charts and figures: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/hydropower-industry
Further Key findings from the study suggest:
- Industrial applications dominated demand in 2012, accounting for over 40% of the global installed capacity. The global industrial applications market is expected to reach 694.41 GW in installed capacity by 2020.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the most dominant regional market by 2020, with China expected to lead hydropower consumption. China is also expected to be the fastest growing market, at an estimated CAGR of 6.2% from 2013 to 2020, to reach an installed capacity of over 400 GW in 2020. The presence of an extensive amount of hydropower projects currently under construction will drive this market.
- Some of the prominent hydropower projects in China include the Baihetan dam (expected to be completed in 2019), the Wudongde and Xiangjiaba dam (expected to be completed in 2015) and the Xiluodo project.
- Key players of this market include GE Energy, Andritz AG, China Hydroelectric Corporation, China Three Gorges Corporation, American Hydro Corporation, Alstom Hydro, The Tata Power Company, ABB Ltd and others.
Get more insights about the Global Hydropower Market or request for sample of this research report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/hydropower-industry
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global hydropower market on the basis of application and region:
• Hydropower Application Outlook,
• Hydropower Regional Outlook,
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse to access more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/renewable-energy
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source:Grand View Research