ST. LOUIS, Mo., July 23, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- If you've started looking around for a new air conditioner, you're already aware that it is a huge financial commitment. You're probably also aware that there is a lot of information out there about which system is best. Here are some things you should know before you settle on the brand new air conditioner for your home.
- Start with your contractor. Finding the right HVAC contractor is the most important part of the search. Read online reviews, get recommendations from friends and family, and find a contractor who is going to do the job right the first time. Be warned…you may have to shell out a little more dough for a top-notch contractor who maintains training certifications, but you won't regret it.
- Heat pump or air conditioner? Well, it depends on where you live. For some people, a heat pump may be all they need; for others, they could get by with only an air conditioner. This is one of the areas where your contractor will be able to help you. Make sure to ask if a heat pump is an appropriate option where you live. If so, you can significantly reduce heating costs – especially during spring and fall transitional weather.
- Efficiency matters. Always. Always. Always invest in the most efficient air conditioner you can afford. If you are upgrading from an old system, you can see significant savings with a high-efficiency air conditioner.
- The right size matters. Make sure your contractor does a Manual J load calculation to make sure you are getting the right size unit. Air conditioners that are too small or too large will never cool your home properly and could wear out sooner.
- Maintain that new system! For warranty protection (and continued high performance levels), maintaining your air conditioner is critical. Schedule maintenance each spring to make sure your air conditioner stays in top-top shape.
Of course, there are other things that you should take into consideration when buying a new unit. Start with a high-quality contractor, and your questions will get answered from there.
About Nortek Global HVAC
Nortek Global HVAC has been designing and manufacturing reliable heating and cooling products for more than 95 years. The company focuses on creating genuine value for its customers through a unique combination of innovation, product performance and responsive support. Nortek Global HVAC uses proven technology to build reliable residential Maytag® systems. For more information about Nortek Global HVAC and its product offerings, please visit www.nortekhvac.com.
Nortek Global HVAC is a subsidiary of Nortek, Inc. (Nasdaq: NTK) a global, diversified company whose many market-leading brands deliver broad capabilities and a wide array of innovative, technology-driven products and solutions for lifestyle improvement at home and at work. Please visit www.nortek.com for more information.
A photo accompanying this release is available at: http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=34675
CONTACT: Kari Palutis, Nortek Global HVAC Phone: 636-561-7583 Email: email@example.comSource: Nortek Global HVAC