ALBUQUERQUE, N.M., July 28, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Farmington Convention & Visitors Bureau has launched a new state-of-the-art website, in order to increase tourism to the area in the new fiscal year and incorporate the new Farmington brand. The site - FarmingtonNM.org - was built by marketing firm Griffin & Associates and web design firm Xynergy and offers several new features including:
• An interactive and categorized events calendar to make travel planning easy for visitors
• A "Submit Events" form to assist local event organizers
• Responsive design so that the site is easily viewed on mobile devices and tablets
• Social media integration, featuring a fun Instagram feed highlighting #PlayFarmington
• New photos taken by local photographer, Paul McPherson, that highlight the beauty of Farmington
• The site is broken out into three travel segments – outdoor, cultural and family in order to appeal to the various kinds of travelers who come to Farmington.
"The entire site is geared around the new brand showing that Farmington is a place where outdoor lovers and active families thrive," explained Tonya Stinson, Executive Director of the Farmington Convention & Visitors Bureau. "Farmington will Jolt Your Journey – giving visitors the opportunity to have authentic, one-of-a-kind experiences that take people away from the hustle and bustle of their busy lives. The new site shows what makes Farmington such a desirable and affordable destination for today's traveler looking to explore the gems found in the Four Corners."
The site is part of an overall expanded and targeted marketing campaign with the goal of increasing tourism to the area. In addition to the site, the CVB has launched digital ads, print ads and will be running broadcast ads later this year.
About the Farmington Convention & Visitors Bureau: The Farmington Convention & Visitors Bureau promotes Farmington as the ideal base for exploring the Four Corners to leisure travelers, conventioneers, tour operators, travel agents and travel writers.
CONTACT: Dezaree Vega-Garcia (505) 764-4444Source:Farmington