GETTYSBURG, Pa., July 28, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OPEN MINDS is excited to announce the faculty for the upcoming OPEN MINDS California Management Best Practices Institute, to be held in San Diego, California on August 26-27, 2015. The 2015 OPEN MINDS California Management Best Practices Institute is a two-day event focused on helping executives of organizations serving consumers with complex needs navigate California's changing financing and service delivery landscape.
To lead the institute agenda, OPEN MINDS has assembled members of its expert consulting team and invited industry thought leaders with expertise in management best practices, in-depth knowledge of industry trends, and direct experience in the California health and human service market.
"With the help of our partner, Mental Health Systems, we have brought together a terrific team of faculty with experience and expertise in the California market," said OPEN MINDS Chief Executive Officer, Monica Oss. "This team will discuss the biggest topics in California - from the shift to a value-based payment system under the new Medi-Cal 2020 waiver renewal, to new coordinated care initiatives for the dual eligible program. This team will provide our attendees with the market and management best practices they need to succeed in this new and changing landscape."
The institute will open with a keynote presentation delivered by Toby Ewing, Ph.D., Executive Director of Mental Health Services Oversight & Accountability Commission. Brian Wheelan, Executive Vice President & Chief Strategy Officer of Beacon Health Options, will deliver the keynote presentation on the second day of the institute. In addition, the institute will be led by a prestigious team of faculty, including:
- Kimberly Bond, MFT, President & CEO, Mental Health Systems
- Carole Boye, MPA, President & CEO, Community Alliance Rehabilitation Services
- George Braunstein, M.A., FACHE, Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Rachael Clausen, Executive Director, Information Technology, EMQ FamiliesFirst
- Donna Demerjian, Ph.D., LCSW, Regional Director, College Community Services, Providence Human Services
- Vitka Eisen, M.S.W., Ed.D., Chief Executive Officer, HealthRIGHT 360
- Carlos Flores, Executive Director, San Diego Regional Center
- Manuel Jimenez, Jr., MA, LMFT, Mental Health Director, Alameda County
- Barbara Klear, Director of Quality Assurance and Customer Support, Welligent
- Richard Louis, III, Executive Director, Strategic Development and Planning, Providence Community Services - Pacific Region, & Advisory Board Member, OPEN MINDS
- Azuree Morris, M.Ed., Director of Human Resources, Mental Health Systems
- Joseph P. Naughton-Travers, Ed.M., Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Monica E. Oss, Chief Executive Officer, OPEN MINDS
- Lora Perry, Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Steve Ramsland, Ed.D., Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- David M. Richardson, PhD, HAS, Vice President, Corrections & Rehabilitation Services, Phoenix Houses of California
- Rocco Schiralli, President & CEO, Porter Starke Services
- Howard Shiffman, Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Timothy Snyder, Jr., Executive Vice President, Marketing, OPEN MINDS
- Emmett "Tray" Thomason, LMFT, Vice President, Clinical Services, Mental Health Systems
- Dawan Utecht, Mental Health Director, County of Fresno
- Lisette Wright, M.A., LP, Executive Director, Behavioral Health Solutions
- Javier Zaldivar, Director, San Andreas Regional Center
Powered by OPEN MINDS' expertise in industry trends and best practices and Mental Health Systems' intimate knowledge of the California market, this highly acclaimed program will provide attendees with the knowledge they need to adapt to California's changing environment, the market context to position their organization effectively, and the guidance to move their organization forward.
More information on The 2015 OPEN MINDS California Management Best Practices Institute, including faculty biographies and a complete institute agenda, can be found online at: www.openminds.com/california.
Registration for the 2015 OPEN MINDS California Management Best Practices Institute is now available to executives of health and human service organizations. Register online at www.openminds.com/california/register.
And be sure to book your rooms at the Marriott Mission Valley Hotel before July 30, 2015 to take advantage of our special conference room rate of $142 per night. For more information on the event hotel, visit www.openminds.com/california/venue/.
OPEN MINDS is a national market intelligence firm specializing in the sectors of the health and human service industry serving individuals with complex support needs: mental health; addiction treatment; children and family services; intellectual and developmental disabilities; chronic disease management; long term care; social services; correctional health care, reentry and diversion; and juvenile justice.
Founded in 1987 and based in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, the 75+ associates believe by providing the latest market intelligence and management best practices to organizations serving the health and social support needs of the most vulnerable consumers, those organizations will be better able to provide efficient and effective services. Learn more at www.openminds.com.
For additional questions and inquiries, please contact Tim Snyder, Vice President, Marketing, OPEN MINDS at 717-334-1329 or email@example.com.
CONTACT: OPEN MINDS Executive Education Event Team firstname.lastname@example.org 717-334-1329
Source: Open Minds