NEW YORK, July 29, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- A wedding can be one of the most significant expenses in a couple's life. According to Cost of Wedding, the average wedding cost is currently over $26,000. Today BankMobile, America's first and only absolutely no-fee, mobile, online and tablet bank, provides wedding saving tips on how to achieve your dream wedding on your budget.
"As a millennial who is engaged myself, I know the different costs and pressures associated with wedding planning," stated Luvleen Sidhu, Chief Strategy & Marketing Officer of BankMobile. "We are here to financially empower our customers and happy to provide ways to save money on a wedding."
- Be selective: Only invite the people you care the most about to your wedding and marriage. Think of groups that you could eliminate all together, like co-workers or children, which will help to reduce the cost and avoid wedding guest list politics.
- Get creative & DIY: This is your moment to create the wedding vision you always wanted. Try arranging your own flowers, making your own wedding favors and being your own DJ with an iPod playlist and speakers.
- Think off-season: In the off-season, venues go down in price and you won't have to compete with all of your friends' weddings happening at the same time. The day of the week that you choose will also impact your cost. For example, Saturday is the most popular day for a wedding, and also the most expensive. Choosing a venue that can hold both your wedding ceremony and reception can also save you a chunk of change and hassle with traveling between venues, which can help reduce the money you're paying your vendors hourly.
- BUT think in-season for flowers: If you are going with real flowers over paper or artificial flowers, try to stick with one or two types of flowers that are currently in season, and therefore cheaper. If you opt for bigger flowers that stand out, you can reduce the amount you spend on arrangements.
- Network with friends and family members: Use vendors in your circle (family/friend referrals usually help with discounts). And if you have skills that could be beneficial to a vendor's business, don't hesitate to propose a barter and trade with them!
- Go digital: Send out digital invites and have guests RSVP on a wedding website and app. This will help you save on paper/stationary costs and make for RSVP organizing that's easier on you. More people will likely respond, too! But, if you can't let go of the traditional paper invites, skip ordering custom invites and order a DIY printable invite template from one of the many websites out there and customize certain aspects to make it your own.
- Have the talk: If you're newly engaged, it's smart for you and your partner to think about how wedding planning and matrimony will affect your finances. Even if you and your partner have been together for many years, it's still a good idea to have a money talk before marriage and before getting in too deep with wedding planning.
About BankMobile: Established in 2014, BankMobile is a division of Customers Bank, with headquarters in New York. It provides target customers – millennials and middle income households – a digital, effortless, and financially empowering experience. BankMobile offers checking, savings, lines of credit, joint accounts and access to over 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide (customers in the VIP Experience will have access to more than 400,000 FREE ATMs), a guaranteed higher savings rate than the top four banks in the nation, a personal banker available for all customers, and a financial advisor for those in the VIP Experience. It is a Federal Reserve regulated and FDIC insured commercial bank. Customers Bancorp is the bank holding company for Customers Bank. BankMobile is an independent operating Digital Banking Division of Customers Bank and hence also of Customers Bancorp. For more information, please visit www.bankmobile.com.
CONTACT: Kati Bergou Rubenstein PR email@example.com 212-843-9314