WALTHAM, MASS., Aug. 3, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bit9® + Carbon Black®, the leader in endpoint threat prevention, detection and response, today announced a significant expansion of its industry-leading threat intelligence capabilities. The company has formed partnerships with leading threat intelligence providers AlienVault, BrightPoint Security, ThreatConnect, ThreatQuotient and ThreatStream.
The company will leverage AlienVault's leading threat intelligence for enhanced threat curation and correlation within the Bit9 + Carbon Black Threat Intelligence Cloud. The Threat Intelligence Cloud is a comprehensive, aggregated advanced threat intelligence solution that combines leading software reputation, threat indicator and attack classification services to provide some of the industry's most powerful, correlated and accurate threat insight.
The company is integrating leading threat intelligence platforms BrightPoint Security, ThreatConnect, ThreatQuotient and ThreatStream with its Carbon Black endpoint threat detection and response (ETDR) solution. These integrations will enable joint customers to apply contextual intelligence to take instant, decisive action against advanced threats and targeted attacks.
"No one provider can sufficiently protect organizations from every threat vector—whether commodity malware or specific threat actor groups—via a single source of threat intelligence," said Pedro Santos, vice president, product management, for Bit9 + Carbon Black. "This is why Bit9 + Carbon Black partners with top threat intelligence companies to bring our joint customers the most open and comprehensive threat intelligence capabilities in the market."
Bit9 + Carbon Black's Threat Research Team produces threat intelligence by analyzing data from millions of endpoints, providing unique insight into threat behaviors. The combination of propriety and third-party intelligence—seamlessly integrated with both the Bit9 Security Platform and Carbon Black—enables security operations and incident response professionals to define trust policies for multiple forms of advanced threat prevention, build custom detection events tailored for your business, accelerate investigations during a response, and proactively hunt for threats.
"There is a massive transformation taking place in the cyber-security industry driven by openness and integration," said Jon Oltsik, senior principal analyst at Enterprise Strategy Group. "Bit9 + Carbon Black's open API architecture and integrations with leading threat intelligence platforms is a great example of how cyber-security leaders are rapidly evolving to deliver the innovative solutions businesses need to prevent, detect and respond to advanced threats and targeted attacks."
Enhancements to the Bit9 + Carbon Black Threat Intelligence Cloud
• The Threat Intelligence Cloud now provides access to AlienVault's threat intelligence for enhanced threat curation, correlation and application across Bit9 + Carbon Black's continuous endpoint recording. Additionally, Bit9 + Carbon Black is now part of AlienVault's Open Threat Exchange (OTX) an open threat information sharing and analysis network, created to put effective security measures within the reach of all organizations.
• Through an opt-in service, the Threat Intelligence Cloud now also can consume real-time endpoint data to build and distribute tailored indicators of attack to the Bit9 + Carbon Black community for improved endpoint threat prevention, detection and response.
Integrations with Leading Threat Intelligence Platforms
• Bit9 + Carbon Black's integrations with leading threat intelligence platforms to provide joint-customers with enhanced detection and response capabilities against advanced threats.
• Through these integrations, Bit9 + Carbon Black enables enterprises to leverage multiple threat intelligence sources aggregated by a single provider. This automates the process of applying actionable threat intelligence directly into Carbon Black to improve detection and reduce response times.
• Carbon Black now supports threat feeds that utilize the Structured Threat Information eXpression (STIX)—a standardized language for cyber threat intelligence information—and Trusted Automated eXchange of Indicator Information (TAXII)—the main transport mechanism for cyber threat information represented as STIX. This continues to build on Bit9 + Carbon Black's unrivaled ability to enable enterprises to tailor and customize threat intelligence, detection capabilities, and response efforts for their specific business needs.
"Bit9 + Carbon Black is proud to be at the forefront of the movement toward full openness and extensibility of endpoint security solutions, which helps organizations of all types and sizes detect and respond to advanced threats and targeted attacks," said Brian Hazzard, vice president of technical alliances for Bit9 + Carbon Black. "Working closely with the leading threat intelligence platforms from these new partners will increase the access to the best threat data in the world and, ultimately, improve security for countless organizations."
Bit9 + Carbon Black today also announced a new cloud deployment option for Carbon Black (see news release).
About Bit9 + Carbon Black
Bit9 + Carbon Black provides the most complete solution against advanced threats that target organizations' endpoints and servers, making it easier to see—and immediately stop—those threats. The company enables organizations to arm their endpoints by combining continuous, real-time visibility into what's happening on every computer; real-time signature-less threat detection; incident response that combines a recorded history with live remediation; and prevention that is proactive and customizable. More than 1,400 organizations worldwide—from Fortune 100 companies to small enterprises—use Bit9 + Carbon Black to increase security, reduce operational costs and improve compliance. Leading managed security service providers (MSSP) and incident response (IR) companies have made Bit9 + Carbon Black a core component of their detection and response services.
Bit9 and Carbon Black are registered trademarks of Bit9, Inc. All other company or product names may be the trademarks of their respective owners.