PLEASANTON, Calif., Aug. 6, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reterro, Inc., an emerging green remediation technology leader in eliminating hydrocarbon and CVOC contamination from soil and ongoing waste streams, today reported continued geographic and business expansion in the First Half of 2015, which ended June 30, 2015.
In a report to shareholders and partners of the company, Reterro Chief Executive Officer Ferdinand Seemann today said that Reterro now has received project interest for its green remediation solution throughout North America, as well as the first requests for international pricing. Most new customer relationships are from Fortune companies and large infrastructure owners such as ports, utilities and agencies related to the military. "Reterro's first half of 2015 featured several significant successes that will serve as a strong platform for our growth path with large infrastructure owners and Fortune companies," said Mr. Seemann.
Among the highlights of Reterro's First Half of 2015:
- Reterro began the latest in an ongoing series of projects for a Fortune 5 customer. The location – Reterro's first in Alaska – involves the remediation of the site of a former bulk fuel terminal, today located in a residential community.
- Reterro finished the development of several new technology enhancements that allow processing of weathered silts to the most extreme clean-up standards. Industry experts report that the company is the first in the world to develop this capability, which promises to open the global port business to Reterro.
- The company received approval from the California Department of Toxics Substance Control (CAL EPA) for the first phase of a significant remediation of chlorinated solvent contamination in the midst of a residential and light industrial area in the Los Angeles air basin. The site had been designated under the federal Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) as a site unfit for residential or commercial use because of its hazardous waste. About two-thirds of the project's more than 45 acres have received the CAL EPA "No Further Action" approval. The agency is expected to approve the balance of the project in the near future. The milestone was achieved in about 18 months, including the appropriate permitting process -- an unprecedented achievement, according to local experts, who also lauded Reterro's attainment of such a high sustainability rating combined with soil matrix and soil vapor non-detect levels.
- Reterro announced the completion of work on its first project in Texas. The project consists of removing hydro-carbon contamination from the ground at two former compressor stations co-owned by a major oil services company and one of the world's largest oil companies.
- Reterro opened its office in Southern California, marking the fifth location for the company, which also has locations in Silicon Valley, Texas and Oregon. The new office in San Pedro, CA, reflects Reterro's intensified activity in Southern California.
Mr. Seemann also noted the Los Angeles and Alaska projects are particular illustrations of the broadening success and adoption of The Reterro Principle™, a small on-site footprint and flameless process whose track record is one of delivering 100% certainty and a spotless safety record in soil and waste-stream remediation. The Reterro Principle™ – which cleans the earth on-site and eliminates the need for trucking away of contaminated soil – squarely addressed acute public health and safety concerns in both the Los Angeles area and Alaska. Customer and government representatives in Alaska made particular note of one Reterro project that precluded an estimated 2.8 million miles of large-truck transport of contaminated shipments.
Mr. Seemann reiterated the widening acceptance of The Reterro Principle™ as an emerging industry standard in public health, safety and effectiveness in soil remediation and waste-stream cleaning. The Reterro Principle™ is demonstrably the most efficient, cost-effective, clean and compliant method to remove hydro-carbon waste from soil and waste streams. The company's solutions also are unrivaled in the prevention of ongoing contamination.
Reterro, Inc., provides the foremost compliant and curative green remediation solution for tens of thousands of locations worldwide that are government-mandated to clean ongoing hydrocarbon waste streams and undergo soil remediation for existing hydrocarbon contaminated waste. Uniquely effective in urban, populated and space-constrained environments in which health and safety restrictions prohibit any other competing technologies, Reterro is unrivaled in mobility, cost-effectiveness and speed-to-completion, with a record of 100% certainty of efficacy.
For more information, please visit www.reterro.com.
CONTACT: Robert Ferri Corporate Communications (925) 227-1192 firstname.lastname@example.org