TOKYO, Aug. 07, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- DeNA Co., Ltd. (Tokyo:2432), a global leader in mobile Internet services, today announced its financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2015. DeNA reported quarterly revenue of 37.7 billion yen and operating profit of 4.0 billion yen.
"Both revenue and operating profit reached our original guidance in the first quarter, and we made significant progress towards our medium- to long-term goals," said Isao Moriyasu, President and CEO of DeNA. “We are well-positioned to leverage our proven strengths in game operation and IP, and deliver exciting new mobile games across regions.”
First Quarter FY2015 Highlights
- Coin consumption in Japan game business was 34.6 billion yen
- Coin consumption in International game business was 5.9 billion yen
- Strong performance of native app games continued, driven primarily by effective operation of existing titles in Japan and the West
- FINAL FANTASY: Record Keeper continued to deliver strong results in Japan and also scaled in the West
- Successfully launched Sentama, a DeNA-original simulation RPG native app title, in May
- Bottom line of international game business improved significantly excluding one-time expenses
- In China, coin consumption from key titles was below the original forecast but the operating results were in line with expectation due to careful cost control
- Development of the first game app and membership service under the partnership with Nintendo is progressing as planned
- In Japan, launching original as well as premium IP native app titles that steadily generate profit
- In China, leveraging unique strength in localization and continuing to launch premium IP titles
- West business is focusing more on high-lifetime-value genres
|Profit before tax||4.5||6.7||-33||%||6.1||-25||%|
|Profit for the period attributable to owners of the parent||2.0||3.8||-46||%||2.4||-16||%|
Guidance for Quarter Ending September 30, 2015
- Revenue: 36.8 billion yen
- Operating profit: 6.6 billion yen
- Profit for the period attributable to owners of the parent: 4.4 billion yen
Earnings presentation slides and related materials are available at:
DeNA (pronounced “D-N-A”) is a global Internet company that develops and operates a broad range of mobile and online services including games, e-commerce and other diversified offerings. Founded in 1999, DeNA is headquartered in Tokyo with offices and game development studios across the globe. DeNA Co., Ltd. is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (2432). For more information, visit: dena.com
The information and data contained within this press release have been determined based on information available as of August 7, 2015. DeNA disclaims any obligation to update or revise such information and data, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. In addition, any forward-looking statements contained in this press release are based on our opinions and information available as of August 7, 2015, and involve uncertainty. Please be aware that the actual performance data and similar information are subject to influence from diverse factors, and may differ from the forecasts presented herein.
Source:DeNA Co., Ltd.