HARTFORD, Conn., Aug. 11, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Connecticut Technology Council (CTC) and Marcum LLP today announced the 2015 Marcum Tech Top 40 list of the fastest growing technology companies in Connecticut. Winning companies will be honored at an awards ceremony at the Wallingford Theater on September 24. A complete list of finalists is available online at http://www.ct.org/signature-event/marcum-tech-top-40/.
The Marcum Tech Top 40, now in its 8th year, recognizes technology leaders in six industry sectors, including Advanced Manufacturing, Energy/Environmental, Life Sciences, New Media/Internet/Telecom, IT Services, and Software. Finalists are private and public companies with at least $3 million in annual revenue and a demonstrated record of growth in each of the preceding four years.
Fourteen of the 2015 finalists are publicly traded companies, and seven have over $1 billion in annual revenue. Geographically, Fairfield County and New Haven Counties are both home to 14 finalist companies this year, followed by Hartford County with nine. Litchfield, Middlesex and New London Counties each boast one finalist.
"The annual Marcum Tech Top 40 is a showcase for the exceptional ingenuity and drive of Connecticut's fastest growing technology companies," said Anthony P. Scillia, Partner-in-Charge, Marcum New England.
"The 2015 Marcum Tech Top 40 winners have all achieved significant success managing a multitude of operational challenges including capital-raising, complex revenue reporting, intellectual property protection and international expansion," said Michael K. Brooder, Partner-in-Charge of Marcum's Hartford office and a member of the Firm's Technology Practice group.
Bruce Carlson, CTC's President & CEO, added, "It is exciting to see that we have fast growing companies across multiple technology verticals in Connecticut. This speaks to the management and creativity of the companies as well as the high quality of their workforces. The fact that we see a mix of returning companies and new entrants every year tells us that Connecticut remains a place where technology companies can start, grow and thrive."
This year's event sponsors include: title sponsor Marcum LLP, Geomatrix Productions, Frontier Communications, Pullman & Comley LLC, Webster Bank, Capital One Bank, The Chubb Group of Insurance Companies, Comcast Business, Frontier Communications, HB Live, UK Trade & Investment, Business New Haven, The Fairfield County Business Journal and The Hartford Business Journal.
The September 24 awards program will include an exhibition featuring the Marcum Tech Top 40 companies. Six category winners will be announced, and one company will be named overall winner for demonstrating the greatest percentage growth in revenue across all the technology verticals.
About The Connecticut Technology Council
The Connecticut Technology Council is a statewide association of technology oriented companies and institutions, providing leadership in areas of policy advocacy, community building and assistance for growing companies. Speaking for 2,500 companies that employ some 200,000 residents, the Connecticut Technology Council seeks to provide a strong and urgent voice in support of the creation of a culture of innovation. This includes working to position Connecticut as a leader in idea creation, workforce preparation, entrepreneurial aptitude, early stage risk capital availability and providing on-going support and mentoring to high potential firms. For more information, visit www.ct.org.
About Marcum LLP
Marcum LLP is one of the largest independent public accounting and advisory services firms in the United States. Headquartered in New York City, Marcum LLP offers the resources of 1,300 professionals, including more than 160 partners, in 23 full-service offices in major business markets throughout the U.S., Grand Cayman and China. Marcum is a member of the Marcum Group, an organization providing a comprehensive range of professional services spanning accounting and advisory, technology solutions, wealth management, and executive and professional recruiting. The Marcum Group companies include Marcum LLP, Marcum Technology LLC, Marcum Search LLC, Marcum Staffing LLC, Marcum Financial Services LLC, Marcum Bernstein & Pinchuk LLP and MarcumBuchanan Associates LLC. For more information, visit www.marcumllp.com.
EDITOR NOTE: COMPLETE LIST OF WINNERS BELOW
2015 Marcum Tech Top 40 Companies by Industry Category
(Company Name, Category, City, County)
- Amphenol Corporation, Advanced Manufacturing, Wallingford, New Haven1
- APS Technology, Advanced Manufacturing, Wallingford, New Haven
- Barnes Group Inc., Advanced Manufacturing, Bristol, Hartford1
- Dymax Corporation, Advanced Manufacturing, Torrington, Litchfield
- Harman International Industries, Inc., Advanced Manufacturing, Stamford, Fairfield1
- Hexcel Corporation, Advanced Manufacturing, Stamford, Fairfield1
- Lydall, Inc., Advanced Manufacturing, Manchester, Hartford1
- RBC Bearings INC, Advanced Manufacturing, Oxford, New Haven1
- Revolution Lighting Technologies, Inc., Advanced Manufacturing, Stamford, Fairfield1
- FuelCell Energy, Inc., Energy / Environmental / Green Technology, Danbury, Fairfield1
- Proton OnSite, Energy / Environmental / Green Technology, Wallingford, New Haven
- F3 Technology Partners, IT Services, West Hartford, Hartford
- Gartner, Inc., IT Services, Stamford, Fairfield1
- MResult Corporation, IT Services, Mystic, New London
- SAI Systems International, Inc., IT Services, Shelton, Fairfield
- Southridge Technology Grp, LLC, IT Services, Brookfield, Fairfield
- The Network Support Co., IT Services, Danbury, Fairfield
- VLink, Inc., IT Services, South Windsor, Hartford
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Life Sciences, Cheshire, New Haven1
- Protein Sciences Corporation, Life Sciences, Meriden, New Haven
- Metrum Research Group, Life Sciences, Tariffville, Hartford
- Bio-Med Devices, Life Sciences, Guilford, New Haven
- Chief Executive Group, LLC, New Media / Internet / Telecom, Greenwich, Fairfield
- HealthPlanOne, LLC, New Media / Internet / Telecom, Trumbull, Fairfield
- iSend, LLC, New Media / Internet / Telecom, Middlebury, New Haven
- M2 Media Group, New Media / Internet / Telecom, Stamford, Fairfield
- Priceline Group Inc., New Media / Internet / Telecom, Norwalk, Fairfield1
- Reality Interactive, New Media / Internet / Telecom, Middletown, Middlesex
- TVEyes Inc., New Media / Internet / Telecom, Fairfield, Fairfield
- Clarity Software Solutions, Inc., Software, Madison, New Haven
- Continuity, Software, New Haven, New Haven
- Core Informatics, Software, Branford, New Haven
- Datto, Software, Norwalk, Fairfield
- Evariant, Software, Farmington, Hartford
- Higher One Holdings, Inc., Software, New Haven, New Haven¹
- Insurity, Software, Hartford, Hartford
- Shoptech Software Corporation, Software, Glastonbury, Hartford
- Square 9 Softworks, Software, New Haven, New Haven
- SS&C Technologies, Software, Windsor, Hartford1
- Tangoe, Inc., Software, Orange, New Haven1
1 Publicly traded.
CONTACT: Michael Scricca Connecticut Technology Council firstname.lastname@example.org (860) 289-0878 ext. 334 Julie Gross Gelfand, APR Marcum LLP Julie.email@example.com O (631) 414-4302 M (516) 729-8067Source:Connecticut Technology Council