NEW YORK, Aug. 13, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Vettery - the hiring marketplace that has quickly become the leading talent source for technology and financial services - brought together fellow marketplace leaders to discuss the macro and growth trends affecting their business cohort.
The dialogue, which included Alexandra Wilkis Wilson, CEO & Co-Founder of GLAMSQUAD; David Haber, CEO & Founder of Bond Street; Jessica Beck, COO & Founder of Alfred; Umang Dua, COO & Co-Founder of Handy; and Jack Hanlon, VP of Analytics at Jet, as well as investors and journalists, indicated that both the gig economy and automated connection platforms are lucrative, rapidly growing solutions for those who have cracked the code.
"Marketplaces are leveraging the power of people and taking out the middleman,” says Adam Goldstein, Co-Founder of Vettery. “At Vettery, we’re opening a gateway for hiring. Companies can see 10x the quality flow of candidates and directly access vetted talent. The process is more transparent and efficient than it has ever been.”
Vettery Co-Founders Adam Goldstein & Brett Adcock, alongside Director of Growth Clark Winter, led the bullish conversation, in which their peers shared:
- Handy has grown 12x in the last 18 months across its 28 cities, where its website and mobile app are processing over 100,000 bookings per month. The company has raised over $60MM in funding within the past three years alone.
- Bond Street raised $110MM in equity and debt capital to scale operations and help thousands of companies across the US get the financing.
- Jet eclipsed $1MM in revenue on their first day of launch.
- Alfred has raised $12.5MM and noted that their members spend 2.5x more through them than the average Amazon Prime member does through Amazon.
- GLAMSQUAD, which delivers beauty services in the home or office in NY, LA and Miami has booked over 50,000 beauty appointments since its January 2014 launch.
Meanwhile, the hosts themselves shared that they obtained 100% month-over-month growth since launching their marketplace platform in June. Meaning, more than 1,000 well-vetted, quality candidates have been interviewed by top notch firms in the financial services and technology fields in the past three months alone, all on the heels of Vettery’s automated technology roll-out.
"Working with the Vettery marketplace has been a game-changer,” says marketplace leader, roundtable participant and Vettery client Jessica Beck, COO & Co-Founder of Alfred. “We now see 30-40 top candidate profiles a week, and we can choose which ones we want to request to interview. Its price compared to typical recruiters is also a huge plus. Couldn't be happier with it."
This Marketplace Roundtable event was the first in a series of intimate, invite-only conversations hosted by Vettery. For more information, please reference the Vettery blog (http://vettery.tumblr.com/)
Vettery is a trusted hiring marketplace built to help people find their dream job. Based in New York City, the Vettery team takes the best from the recruiting and technology worlds by connecting employers and talent through a marketplace of vetted candidates. They came together to change the recruiting landscape, celebrate Monday mornings, and help everyone find a job they love.
Contact: Clark Winter, Director of Growth, Clark.Winter@vettery.com