×

PUBLICATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH ARTICLE 14 OF THE BELGIAN LAW OF 2 MAY 2007 REGARDING THE PUBLICATION OF MAJOR SHAREHOLDINGS (THE "TRANSPARENCY LAW")

REGULATED INFORMATION

GHENT, Belgium, Aug. 14, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ablynx [Euronext Brussels: ABLX; OTC: ABYLY] today announced, in accordance with Article 14 of the Belgian Law of 2 May 2007 regarding the publication of major shareholdings in issuers whose securities are admitted to trading on a regulated market (the "Transparency Law"), that it received a notification of shareholdings from Abingworth Management Limited and Abingworth LLP.

Abingworth Management Limited notified Ablynx that they have dropped below the 5% threshold and now hold 2,718,908 Ablynx shares, which represent 4.99% of the current 54,512,424 outstanding Ablynx shares. Abingworth LLP holds 615,644 Ablynx shares, representing 1.13% of the current outstanding Ablynx shares. The combined holding of Abingworth Management Limited and Abingworth LLP is now 3,334,552 Ablynx shares, which represents 6.12% of the current 54,512,424 outstanding Ablynx shares.

Full versions of all transparency notifications are available on Ablynx website, under the section Investors.

About Ablynx

Ablynx is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of Nanobodies®, proprietary therapeutic proteins based on single-domain antibody fragments, which combine the advantages of conventional antibody drugs with some of the features of small-molecule drugs. Ablynx is dedicated to creating new medicines which will make a real difference to society. Today, the Company has more than 30 proprietary and partnered programmes in development in various therapeutic areas including inflammation, haematology, immuno-oncology, oncology and respiratory disease. The Company has collaborations with multiple pharmaceutical companies including AbbVie, Boehringer Ingelheim, Eddingpharm, Genzyme, Merck & Co., Merck Serono, Novartis and Taisho Pharmaceutical. The Company is headquartered in Ghent, Belgium. More information can be found on www.ablynx.com.

For more information, please contact Ablynx: Dr Edwin Moses
CEO
t: +32 (0)9 262 00 07
m: +32 (0)473 39 50 68
e: edwin.moses@ablynx.com

Marieke Vermeersch
Associate Director Investor Relations
t: +32 (0)9 262 00 82
m: +32 (0)479 49 06 03
e: marieke.vermeersch@ablynx.com
Follow us on Twitter @AblynxABLX

Ablynx media relations Instinctif Partners:
Sue Charles, Daniel Gooch
London office
t: +44 (0)20 7866 7905
e: ablynx@instinctif.com

Jim Rusagara
Brussels office
t: +32 (0)2 626 9500
e: ablynx@instinctif.com

pdf format of the press release http://hugin.info/137912/R/1945422/705332.pdf

HUG#1945422

Source: Ablynx