STATE COLLEGE, Pa., Aug. 17, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Minitab now offers a series of eight free lesson plans to help instructors teach introductory statistics courses. The series covers core statistical concepts, such as describing data graphically and numerically, boxplots, sampling, and more.
Each lesson plan provides a comprehensive set of materials, including an overview of the concept, instructor's notes, student exercises and their solutions, and all necessary datasets. The lesson plans were developed in conjunction with Dr. Diane Evans, a highly regarded professor at the Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology. Evans was recently recognized as one of America's 300 best professors by the Princeton Review, and the lesson plans reflect her love of statistics and teaching. "Every instructor wants to engage and inspire their students," she said. "I designed these lesson plans to help teachers reveal the power of statistics and its ability to provide insight into the world."
Michelle Paret, a Minitab product marketing manager, says Evans hit her mark. "The lesson plans strike a perfect balance between theory and practice," she said. "Every concept is clear and accessible. And Dr. Evans uses topics like flight simulator survival and chewing gum times to make the material memorable and enjoyable."
The lesson plans support university and high school courses in all disciplines. They work with both Minitab 17 and Minitab Express for Mac and PC – Minitab's latest package for teaching introductory statistics. Instructors can also supplement their instruction with additional free resources from Minitab, including YouTube videos, getting started guides, and more.
To access the lesson plans and other teaching resources, visit www.minitab.com/academic/teaching-resources.
About Minitab Inc.
Minitab Inc. is the leading provider of statistical software for quality improvement worldwide. Thousands of companies in more than 100 countries trust Minitab. More than 4,000 colleges and universities use Minitab for teaching and research.
The company's products include:
• Minitab® 17, the leading statistical software used for quality improvement and statistics education.
• Minitab Express®, is designed for teaching and learning introductory statistics and is available for both the Mac and PC.
• Quality Trainer by Minitab®, an e-learning course that teaches statistics and how to use Minitab Statistical Software.
• Devize®, a powerful Monte Carlo simulation tool for engineers.
• Qeystone®, a project portfolio management platform designed to manage an organization's entire Lean Six Sigma deployment.
• Quality Companion by Minitab®, process improvement software for executing quality improvement projects.
Minitab's products are backed by free technical support and outstanding services, including training, statistical consulting and custom development.
Headquartered in State College, Pa., Minitab Inc. operates offices in Phoenix, Az., the United Kingdom, France, and Australia and has additional representatives throughout the world.
FOR MORE INFORMATION contact Carly Barry or Eston Martz in Minitab media relations: PublicRelations@minitab.com