NEW YORK, Aug. 18, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Medley Management Inc. (NYSE:MDLY), an asset management firm that provides capital to middle market companies in the U.S., today announced that it committed over $450 million of capital directly to 14 new borrowers in the first half of 2015 through its business development companies, Medley Capital Corporation (NYSE:MCC) and Sierra Income Corporation, and its private investment vehicles.
Select first half of 2015 investments include:
- A $70.0 million senior secured 1st lien loan to a premier online specialty retailer for outdoor recreational gear and equipment
- A $62.5 million senior secured 1st lien loan to a leading provider of complex assemblies for automotive production
- A $58.5 million senior secured 1st lien loan to a global IT services and software provider
- A $56.0 million senior secured 1st lien loan to a high quality restaurant operator
- A $48.0 million senior secured 1st lien loan to a global provider of security, safety and asset protection products
- A $33.0 million senior secured 2nd lien loan to a manufacturer of over-the-counter and prescription products
Brook Taube, CEO of Medley, commented, "The first half of 2015 was an active period for Medley. Our success in the first half can be attributed to our national direct origination network and our partnership with the financial sponsor community, brokers and borrowers. We are committed to the U.S. middle market and the 170+ companies that we support."
Medley Management Inc. is an asset management firm offering yield solutions to retail and institutional investors. Medley's national direct origination franchise, with over 80 people, is a premier provider of capital to the middle market in the U.S. As of June 30, 2015, Medley had in excess of $4.0 billion of assets under management in two business development companies, Medley Capital Corporation (NYSE:MCC) and Sierra Income Corporation, as well as, private investment vehicles. Over the past 13 years, we have invested in excess of $5.7 billion to help over 300 companies grow across 35 industries in North America. For additional information, please visit Medley Management Inc. at www.mdly.com.
|Investor Relations Contact:|
|Sam Anderson, 212-759-0777|
|Medley Management Inc.|
|Liz Bruce, 212-498-9197|
|For New Transaction Inquiries Contact:|
|James A. Feeley III, 646-465-7890|
|Head of Investing|
|Brian Dohmen, 646-465-7892|
|Head of Direct Lending - Eastern Region|
|Dean Crowe, 415-568-2753|
|Senior Managing Director|
Source:Medley Management Inc