SAN JOSE, Calif., Aug. 20, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Apigee® (NASDAQ:APIC), developer of an intelligent API platform, today unveiled its initial speaker line-up for the 2015 "I Love APIs" conference to be held Oct. 12-14, 2015 in San Jose, Calif. Apigee's annual conference aims to bring together more than 2,000 of today's leading digital innovators for an in-depth discussion on APIs and their impact on the digital business landscape.
Comprised of three forums – the Developer Forum, Tech Forum and Strategy Forum – and an Internet of Things Showcase, the "I Love APIs" 2015 conference will offer attendees over 80 sessions from more than 100 elite digital practitioners, including:
- Aneesh Chopra, first U.S. chief technology officer
- Bill Gajda, senior vice president, global head of Strategic Partnerships & Innovation, Visa
- Brad Maglinger, chief marketing officer, MapQuest (AOL)
- Drew Schweinfurth, developer evangelist, Walgreens
- Jason Kobus, director of Fintech Integration/API Banking, Silicon Valley Bank
- Kay Lummitsch, Swisscom
- Laura Merling, global general manager/executive vice president, Internet of Things, SAP
"Businesses are increasingly realizing that making the transition to digital is no longer an option, it's an imperative. And it's precisely these companies that are looking for best practices and effective ways to make this shift to the benefit of their customers, partners and various constituencies," said Chet Kapoor, CEO of Apigee. "Through its focus on content and execution, the 'I Love APIs' conference is designed for today's digital leaders to explore new ways to leverage APIs to accelerate innovation in today's connected world."
Through a mix of hands-on workshops and commercial-free sessions featuring real-world examples and case studies, attendees will have the opportunity to learn about the latest IT strategies and best practices for APIs and digital business. Key sessions and tracks include:
- Emerging Tech In API: Learn how emerging technology trends such as the IoT, predictive APIs and apps, micro gateways and micro services create new opportunities for developers.
- Developer Workshops & Training: With topics ranging from API-first mobile development to how to build API solutions in Apigee Edge, these classes are designed to impart the necessary know how and skills required of today's API practitioners.
- Executive Symposium: For senior executives who are retooling the enterprise for digital business, this symposium combines education and un-conferencing with provocative conversations and rich networking to forge the connections that help you accelerate digital business.
Attendees can register here for the "I Love APIs" conference today and use the registration code: SPECIALPR for 30% off. For the latest updates on events, speakers, and registration, visit the"I Love APIs" website.
Apigee just released a new, animated ""I Love APIs' 2015 Checklist" video to provide an entertaining overview of the experience and value attendees can expect from this year's event.
Note to editors: Accredited media can receive a free, full conference pass to "I Love APIs" 2015. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to request a media pass.
Twitter: Follow the conference at #iloveapis15.
About "I Love APIs" 2015
Created in 2013, "I Love APIs" is an annual conference for software developers, technology and business leaders. The 2015 "I Love APIs" conference will be held at the Civic Theatre and Convention Center in downtown San Jose, Calif. on October 12 through October 14. The event will bring back last year's unique "unconference" style with thought-provoking, free-flowing conversation, meaningful networking and a laid-back vibe. Attendees will enjoy all-you-can-eat lunch at Cesar Chavez Park catered by the Bay Area's most popular food trucks, as well as the opportunity to rub shoulders with the elite of the digital world over cocktails at a welcome reception and at an evening gala with the theme "Geek Chic" at the San Jose Tech Museum.
Apigee® (NASDAQ:APIC) provides an intelligent API platform for digital business. Many of the world's largest organizations select Apigee to enable their digital business, including 23 of the Fortune 100, six of the top 10 Global 2000 retail companies and five of the top 10 global telecommunications companies. Apigee customers include enterprises such as Walgreens, Burberry, Morningstar, BBC Worldwide, Live Nation and First Data. Apigee is headquartered in San Jose, California and has over 400 employees worldwide.
Connect with Apigee
- Apigee blog:https://blog.apigee.com/front
- Apigee community:https://community.apigee.com/
Apigee is a registered trademark in the U.S. Other product or company names mentioned may be trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Mark Wheeler Sutherland Gold 615.516.6147 email@example.com