ATLANTA, Aug. 20, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ocwen Financial Corporation (NYSE:OCN), a leading financial services holding company, invites borrowers who need mortgage assistance to attend one of several upcoming housing events to explore possible mortgage solutions that could help them stay in their homes. This effort is part of Ocwen's continued outreach, in partnership with community leaders and nonprofit housing organizations, to bring real solutions to struggling homeowners in the United States.
Ocwen Home Retention Agents will be present at all the upcoming events to offer homeowners free, face-to-face, individualized advice on finding the right mortgage solutions. Ocwen borrowers will also have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) approved financial counselors to discuss their unique situations.
"Hardworking homeowners in many neighborhoods across the nation still feel the effects of the 2008 housing crisis," said Jill Showell, Senior Vice President of Government and Community Relations at Ocwen. "By partnering with respected leaders and organizations within these communities, we aim to bring trusted advice to borrowers to help maintain the dream of owning a home."
The following events are scheduled throughout the fall. Ocwen homeowners in these areas are invited to attend in order to receive information and assistance ranging from preparing their Request for Mortgage Assistance (RMA) package to information on state and federal foreclosure assistance programs.
- Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (NACA), NACA American Dream Event, August 21-25, Ontario, CA
- Neighborhood Housing Services of New York City, Making Home Affordable Event, August 21, Bronx, NY
- Bridge Street Development Corporation, Fresh Start Clinic Ocwen Event, August 22, Brooklyn, NY
- Spanish Coalition for Housing, August 22, Chicago, IL
- Urban League of Palm Beach County, Preserving Homeownership Clinic, August 22, Wellington, FL
- Hope Now, Free Mortgage Help Event, August 27, Milwaukee, WI
- NACA, NACA American Dream Event, August 28-September 1, Sacramento, CA
- Real Estate, Education And Community Housing (REACH), Home Preservation Workshop, September 26, Miami, FL
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) New York State Conference, Help and Hope for Homeowners, September 26, Uniondale, NY
- OC Housing Opportunities Collaborative & the City of Irvine (Hardest Hit Fund), Free Keep Your Home California Workshop, October 3, Irvine, CA
To date, Ocwen has completed about 520,000 loan modifications, including 290,000 HAMP modifications nationwide. By teaming up with local partners, Ocwen aims to reach even more struggling families in an effort to help them remain in their homes.
To learn more about Ocwen's commitment to community support, please visit www.ocwen.com/community-support.
About Ocwen Financial Corporation
Ocwen Financial Corporation is a financial services holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the servicing and origination of mortgage loans. Ocwen is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with offices throughout the United States and support operations in India and the Philippines. Utilizing proprietary technology, global infrastructure and superior training and processes, Ocwen provides solutions that help homeowners and make our clients' loans worth more. Ocwen may post information that is important to investors on its website (www.Ocwen.com).
CONTACT: FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT Media: Emily Kiggins T: (202) 973- 5312 E: firstname.lastname@example.orgSource:Ocwen Financial Corp.