GETTYSBURG, Pa., Aug. 20, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OPEN MINDS announced its three keynote speakers for the 2015 OPEN MINDS Executive Leadership Retreat. This three-day retreat will be held September 22-24, 2015 at the historic Gettysburg Hotel in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.
- "Principled Leadership For Behavioral Health Settings: Using Best Practices To Redesign Vision, Values & Outcomes," Kevin Ann Huckshorn, Ph.D., author of Principled Leadership in Mental Health Systems and Programs, and Former Director of the Delaware Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health
- "Leaders As Executive Athletes: Training To Take Your Performance To The Next Level," Carmella Sebastian, MD, MS, Corporate Wellness Expert and Author
- "What's Your Leadership Strategy? The Challenges Of Leadership In A Time Of Innovation," Monica E. Oss, President & Chief Executive Officer of OPEN MINDS
Dr. Kevin Ann Huckshorn previously served as the State Director for the Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health (DSAMH) for the state of Delaware. In this position, Dr. Huckshorn was responsible for the planning, program development, fiscal responsibilities, contractual obligations, contract monitoring, federal block grants and operations of the state hospital and all DSAMH community contractors. Dr. Huckshorn is a licensed and certified mental health nurse and substance abuse clinician with practical knowledge from 34 years of professional frontline experience working in a variety of public and private mental health organizations and substance abuse programs. In addition, Dr. Huckshorn co-authored the book "Principled Leadership in Mental Health Systems and Programs," which focuses on how mental health organizations become successful and responsive systems of care that are recovery oriented, consumer centered, and non-coercive. The book offers eight leadership principles and accompanying tasks that are critical for effective leadership in mental health organizations.
Carmella Sebastian, MD, MS, Corporate Wellness Expert, Dr. Carm LLC., is a nationally known wellness educator and speaker. "Dr. Carm," as she likes to be called, frequently speaks on a range of wellness issues, offering practical, achievable wellness strategies and solutions for her audience. Dr. Carm has more than 15 years' experience developing and implementing work site wellness programs. She is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and was in active clinical practice before joining Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Northeastern Pennsylvania, where she was VP of Medical Affairs and Chief Medical Officer. She also served as Market Medical Officer with Humana for Central and North Florida before joining Florida Blue in 2010. As Senior Medical Director of Clinical Client Solutions, Dr. Carm provides leadership for the clinical aspect of sales including issue management and client reporting for current and prospective employer groups. She also oversees the NCQA-accredited wellness program and manages over 100 client consultations per year.
Monica E. Oss, Chief Executive Officer of OPEN MINDS, is a renowned industry thought leader and is well known for her numerous books and articles focused on the strategic and marketing implications of the evolving health and human service field. As the founder of OPEN MINDS, Ms. Oss has led the OPEN MINDS team and its research on health and human service market trends and its national consulting practice for more than 25 years. She has unique expertise in payer financing models, provider rate setting, and service pricing. She has led numerous engagements with state Medicaid plans, county governments, private insurers, managed care programs, service provider organizations, technology vendors, neurotechnology and pharmaceutical organizations, and investment banking firms – with a focus on the implications of financing changes on delivery system design.
"From strategic planning to succession planning, today's leaders operate in a fast-paced environment and certainly have a lot on their plates," explains Oss. "It is imperative that they take the time to evaluate where they are, where their organization is heading, and how they're going to get there. It's just as important that they take care of themselves so they are the best leaders they can be…and this event is just what they need. We've put together a power-packed program that includes battlefield tours paired with informative case study sessions and other historic activities that will help executive teams understand how the great leadership lessons from more than 150 years ago still apply today."
The 2015 OPEN MINDS Executive Leadership Retreat is an immersive leadership experience focused on maximizing organizational performance through the development of the executive. Effective leaders need market knowledge, creativity, emotional intelligence, critical thinking, management expertise, and strong communication skills. High-performing leaders are executive athletes – and consideration of their personal development is paramount to organizational success.
Held annually in historic Gettysburg, attendees will have the opportunity to walk in the footsteps of the Civil War's legendary leaders to learn how their challenges, success – and even defeat – provide great leadership lessons that can, and should be, applied today.
Executive teams can determine their schedule by selecting the activities and workshops that best meet their particular needs and find the sessions that have the most value for their organization. Program highlights include:
- Positioning For Success - General John Buford & The High Ground: The Beginning Of The Battle Of Gettysburg (Historical Case Study & Battlefield Walking Tour)
- The Leader's Challenge: How To Develop & Implement A Successful Strategic Plan
- How To Negotiate An Executive Compensation Package - Exclusive CEO Session
- General John Buford & Finding The Strategic Advantage: Positioning & Preparation For Value-Based Purchasing In A Shifting Health Care Market (Case Study Session)
- Strategic Decisionmaking In Times Of Change - Colonel Joshua Chamberlain & Little Round Top: Defending The Union Line (Historical Case Study & Battlefield Walking Tour)
- Diversification & New Service Line Development
- Managing Your Boards Of Directors: Strategic Advice For CEOs
- Leaders Under Pressure: How Executives Can Avoid Burnout
- Colonel Chamberlain & Decisionmaking In Times Of Change: How To Make The Best Strategic Decisions For Your Organization (Case Study Session)
- Leading In Times Of Uncertainty - Generals Lee & Longstreet At Pickett's Charge: The High-Water Mark Of The Confederacy (Historical Case Study & Battlefield Walking Tour)
- Managing Change As A Leader's Challenge: Models For Facilitating Organizational Change
- Succession Planning: The Key To Long-Term Leadership Success
- Talent Management: Getting The Most From Your Human Capital
- What is Your Social Media Plan? An Executive Guide
- Pickett's Charge & Situational Leadership: How To Motivate Your Team To Meet Your Organization's Strategic Goals (Case Study Session)
Group discounts are available for The 2015 OPEN MINDS Executive Leadership Retreat. Early registration is encouraged as sessions and activities have maximum capacity limits. Register today or learn more at https://www.openminds.com/leadership.
OPEN MINDS is a national market intelligence firm specializing in the sectors of the health and human service industry serving individuals with complex support needs: mental health; addiction treatment; children and family services; intellectual and developmental disabilities; chronic disease management; long term care; social services; correctional health care, reentry and diversion; and juvenile justice.
Founded in 1987 and based in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, the 75+ associates believe by providing the latest market intelligence and management best practices to organizations serving the health and social support needs of the most vulnerable consumers, those organizations will be better able to provide efficient and effective services. Learn more at www.openminds.com.
For additional questions and inquiries, please contact Tim Snyder, Vice President, Marketing, OPEN MINDS at 717-334-1329 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONTACT: Tim Snyder E-mail: email@example.com Phone: 717-334-1329
Source: Open Minds