ATLANTA, Aug. 25, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MedAssets (NASDAQ:MDAS) today announced that University Health Shreveport, part of the University Health System and clinical partner and hospital for the LSU Health Shreveport School of Medicine, has expanded use of the company's total performance management capabilities as part of their ongoing commitment to provide cost-effective, quality care to their patients.
The multi-year agreement includes a range of MedAssets solutions to lower total cost of care, enhance operational efficiency, align clinical delivery and improve revenue performance. University Health Shreveport's work with MedAssets includes multiple solutions, which are aimed at driving operational efficiency across the enterprise:
- Supply chain management services to lower supply costs, implement best-practice processes, achieve clinician alignment and optimize operations
- Transaction management services to streamline the procurement process and make strategic, data driven cost reduction decisions
- Lean performance improvement consulting to achieve sustainable process and operational performance improvement
- Purchased Services consulting to reduce costs in many expense categories including energy, life and disability insurance and equipment management
- Physician Preference Items (PPI) consulting to achieve integration of clinical value with financial goals
- SaaS-based revenue cycle technology solutions to drive best-practice processes and improve reimbursement
- Clinical documentation improvement (CDI) to improve clinical coding, reduce revenue risk related to ICD-10
"MedAssets' approach to total performance management aligns closely with our goals for long-term operational improvement through a combination of sustainable cost reduction, clinical alignment and revenue optimization strategies," said Pat Keel, chief financial officer, University Health Shreveport. "The expanded scope of our partnership with MedAssets will help us to further enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of healthcare delivery, and strengthen our mission to provide quality care within the communities we serve."
"We are pleased that University Health Shreveport has elected to broaden the scope of our work together to enhance financial and operational performance," said Mike Nolte, president and chief operating officer, MedAssets. "Our shared commitment to contain costs using pragmatic, data-driven solutions is not only improving bottom-line results now, but also producing continuous performance improvement to help support University Health Shreveport's strategies for long-term success."
University Health Shreveport was awarded an Operational Performance Improvement Award at MedAssets 2015 Healthcare Business Summit in recognition of its 2014 results related to cost savings and improved financial performance.
About University Health Shreveport
University Health Shreveport is the clinical partner of the LSU Health Shreveport School of Medicine. University Health Shreveport is home to state-designated Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Arthritis and Rheumatology. Its main campus is also home to an accredited Children's Hospital, a regional Burn Center and a 24-hour trauma center serving communities across North Louisiana, East Texas and Southwest Arkansas. University Health Shreveport is one of only six hospitals in the nation affiliated with St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
MedAssets (NASDAQ:MDAS) is a healthcare performance improvement company focused on helping providers realize financial and operational gains so that they can sustainably serve the needs of their community. Approximately 4,500 hospitals and 123,000 non-acute healthcare providers currently use the company's evidence-based solutions, best practice processes and analytics to help reduce the total cost of care, enhance operational efficiency, align clinical delivery, and improve revenue performance across the care continuum. For more information, please visit www.medassets.com.