NEW YORK, N.Y., Aug. 27, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SundanceTV announced today that it has renewed its non-fiction series "Behind the Story with The Paley Center" for a second season of six episodes. Returning in fall 2015, season two will feature in-depth discussions with the stars, writers, and producers of the biggest shows on television today, including: Julianna Margulies (The Good Wife), Kerry Washington (Scandal), Lena Dunham (Girls), Ty Burrell (Modern Family), Gina Rodriguez (Jane The Virgin), and Clark Gregg (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.).
"The Paley Center for Media has done such a wonderful job bringing the best in television in for insightful and compelling discussions about the medium we all love," said Joel Stillerman, president of original programming and development for AMC and SundanceTV. "We're thrilled to be in partnership with them, and look forward to bringing SundanceTV viewers some great conversations about some of our favorite series."
"The Paley Center is committed to producing top-rated programming that educates, excites, and engages the media-interested public, with events such as PaleyFest that give TV fans the ultimate experience," said Maureen J. Reidy, President and CEO of The Paley Center for Media. "We are thrilled for season two of 'Behind the Story with the Paley Center' with SundanceTV, bringing more exceptional behind-the-scenes conversations with today's top stars into homes across the country."
Composed of footage from The Paley Center for Media's PaleyFest 2014 and 2015 television festivals, the series gives viewers the chance to relive their favorite TV moments through personal stories by the cast members and creative teams. Participants will reveal the behind-the-scenes details of the processes that brought to life some of the most beloved series currently on the air.
Season two of "Behind the Story with The Paley Center" will spotlight the following series:
- The Good Wife - Actors Julianna Margulies, Christine Baranski, and Matt Czuchry; co-creators and executive producers Robert King and Michelle King, with moderator James Corden.
- Scandal - Actors Kerry Washington, Guillermo Diaz, Scott Foley, Tony Goldwyn, Katie Lowes, Joshua Malina, Jeff Perry, Darby Stanchfield, and Bellamy Young, with moderator Jimmy Kimmel.
- Girls - Actors Lena Dunham, Allison Williams, Alex Karpovsky, and Andrew Rannells; co-creator and executive producer Jenni Konner, and executive producers Bruce Eric Kaplan, and Ilene S. Landress ,with moderator Judd Apatow.
- Modern Family - Actors Ty Burrell, Julie Bowen, Ed O'Neill, Sofia Vergara, Eric Stonestreet, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Sarah Hyland, Nolan Gould, Rico Rodriguez, and Ariel Winter; series co-creator and executive producer Steve Levitan, and executive producers and writers Danny Zuker and Abraham Higginbotham, with moderator Andy Daly.
- Jane The Virgin - Actors Gina Rodriguez, Andrea Nevado, Jamie Camil, Ivonne Coll, Brett Dier, Justin Baldoni, and Yael Grobglas; executive producers Jennie Urman and Ben Silverman, with moderator Jarett Wieselman.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Actors Clark Gregg, Ming-Na Wen, Brett Dalton, Chloe Bennet, Iain De Caestecker, and Elizabeth Henstridge; executive producers Jeph Loeb, Jeffrey Bell, Jed Whedon, and Maurissa Tancharoen, with moderator Felicia Day.
"Behind the Story with The Paley Center" is produced by The Paley Center for Media, with Paley Center President and CEO Maureen J. Reidy and Executive Vice President Diane Lewis serving as executive producers, along with Paul Haddad for SundanceTV. The series represents a continued commitment by SundanceTV toward non-fiction storytelling that reflects and observes the state of intelligent, innovative pop culture today.
SundanceTV is making and celebrating television as distinctive as the best independent films. Working with today's most remarkable talent, SundanceTV is attracting viewer and critical acclaim for its original scripted and unscripted series. Launched in 1996 and owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc., SundanceTV delivers on the spirit of founder Robert Redford's mission to celebrate creativity. www.sundance.tv
About The Paley Center for Media
The Paley Center for Media, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with locations in New York and Los Angeles, leads the discussion about the cultural, creative, and social significance of television, radio, and emerging platforms for the professional community and media-interested public. Drawing upon its curatorial expertise, an international collection, and close relationships with the leaders of the media community, the Paley Center examines the intersections between media and society. The general public can access the collection and participate in programs that explore and celebrate the creativity, the innovations, the personalities, and the leaders who are shaping media. Through global programs of its Media Council and International Council, the Paley Center also serves as a neutral setting where media professionals can engage in discussion and debate about the evolving media landscape. Previously known as The Museum of Television & Radio, the Paley Center was founded in 1975 by William S. Paley, a pioneering innovator in the industry. For more information, please visit paleycenter.org.
CONTACT: Brittany Forgione, The Paley Center for Media, 212-621-6697, firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:The Paley Center for Media