PARSIPPANY, N.J., Sept. 1, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avis Car Rental today announced that it will add a variety of model-year 2016 Mercedes-Benz vehicles to its U.S. fleet, primarily to serve owner-customers of NetJets, the worldwide leader in private aviation and a travel partner of Avis since 2003.
"As a premium brand, Avis is committed to representing the finest in vehicle rental products and services," said Joe Ferraro, president, Americas, Avis Budget Group. "NetJets customers now have the option to choose from a range of Mercedes-Benz automobiles for the utmost in style, luxury and engineering performance."
Starting in October 2015, Avis locations in select major U.S. cities will begin receiving shipments of these new Mercedes-Benz sedans, SUVs, coupes and other sporty vehicles. These are available for tarmac delivery to NetJets travelers flying into Fixed-Base Operations, as well as for standard rentals, pending vehicle availability. These new additions to the Avis U.S. fleet are:
- GLE Sport Utility Vehicle: This new all-wheel-drive SUV features the Mercedes-Benz Dynamic Select handling control system, which lets drivers personalize drive settings, for those who prefer a sporty or comfortable feel, or for greater control on slippery surfaces.
- E350 Sedan: This new classic is powered by a 302-hp 3.5-liter V6 that combines numerous advances to deliver more torque from less fuel, with cleaner emissions. A fuel-saving ECO Start/Stop system automatically shuts off the engine at stoplights and other idle situations; as soon as the driver lifts off the brake, the engine instantly restarts, for immediate acceleration response and excellent fuel efficiency (28 mpg city, 42 mpg highway).
- C-Class Luxury Sport Sedan: Completely redesigned for 2016, the new C-Class sporty sedans are more substantial in size, space and safety, yet lighter and more nimble. Innovations include an intuitive new touchpad and slim screen that delivers numerous entertainment, navigation and vehicle options via multi-finger gestures and animated displays. Models available from Avis include the C300 and AMG C63 sedans.
- GLC-Class Coupe: With 9G-TRONIC nine-speed automatic transmission, this stylish four-door carries the successful GLE Coupe formula over into a more compact segment. The drive technology aboard the GLC Coupe matches the vehicle's looks, with a V6 powerplant delivering 367 horsepower, making for an exhilarating level of performance.
- SLK Coupe: Swift and agile, this two-seater offers the ultimate in sporty styling, elegant interior detail and amenities, and is simply a great car for enjoying the ride. Among the superior engineering features is the sport-tuned suspension, with firmer coil springs and shock absorbers as well as a lowered ride height, for sharper handling response and a more aggressive stance.
"We know that many Avis and NetJets customers like to view a business trip or vacation as an opportunity to also take a brand-new car from an iconic brand out on the open road," said Mr. Ferraro. "The new model-year 2016 Mercedes-Benz lineup presents the best from one of the world's finest automobile manufacturers, and we're proud to make these available to Avis and NetJets customers starting this fall."
Avis Car Rental provides NetJets customers, who are considered "Owners," with access to quality, well-maintained vehicles around the globe and the world-class premium service that Avis provides. Avis serves private aviation companies like NetJets at Fixed Base Operations worldwide, with vehicle delivery and pick-up service for the ultimate in convenience and premium service.
In June of 2015, NetJets recognized Avis Car Rental in the United States as its "Ground Transportation Provider of the Year." The award was presented to Avis in recognition of outstanding service, commitment and dedication on the part of Avis and its employees.
The new Mercedes-Benz model-year 2016 cars will be based at select Avis Car Rental airport locations in major cities across the United States. Avis also offers GPS devices, coverages, child safety seats and Roadside Assistance for rent at most U.S. locations, to help ensure that travel is both safe and enjoyable.
Avis Car Rental operates one of the world's best-known car rental brands with approximately 5,450 locations in more than 165 countries. Avis has a long history of innovation in the car rental industry and is one of the world's top brands for customer loyalty. Avis is owned by Avis Budget Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:CAR), which operates and licenses the brand throughout the world. For more information, visit www.avis.com.
CONTACT: Alice Pereira 973.496.3916 PR@avisbudget.com
Source: Avis Car Rental