Markets took another plunge on Tuesday after more bad news came in from China. All major U.S. markets including the Dow Jones industrial average, S&P 500, Nasdaq closed in correction from their most recent highs.
All three indices had their third biggest drops of 2015 on Tuesday (all of which happened in the last eight trading sessions). It marked the worst start to a September in 13 years.
Here are some more stats on what happened during the session:
- The Dow and S&P 500 had their worst first trading day of a month since March 2009
- The Nasdaq had its worst first trading day of a month since October 2011
- Other markets in correction: S&P Midcap 400, Nasdaq 100, Russell 2000, DJ Transports and DJ Utilities
- Goldman Sachs had the biggest negative point impact on the Dow with a dip of 47 points, followed by IBM with 38 points and Apple for 31 points
- Apple was the biggest point loss on the Nasdaq followed by Microsoft, Amazon and Google
- The German DAX is close to bear market territory, down more than 19 percent from its April 10 high