- Uses Qualcomm® Snapdragon(TM) X12 LTE modem at Nokia's R&D center in Japan
- Further strengthens Nokia Networks' reputation as the innovative force behind TDD-FDD convergence
TOKYO, Sept. 2, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
Marking a major step toward commercialization of TDD-FDD convergence, Nokia Networks has demonstrate d Asia's first TDD-FDD 3 carrier aggregation using the Snapdragon X12 LTE modem. The Snapdragon X12 LTE modem is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated. Peak downlink speeds of 3 65 Mbps were achieved, with 20 MHz of FDD band 1 and 40 MHz of TDD band 41 contributing to 1 45 Mbps and 220 Mbps respectively. Radio equipment from Nokia's Specialized Technology Center in Japan supported this lab test with Qualcomm Technologies.
This demonstration underpins Nokia Networks' capabilities to help operators tap the potential of TDD-FDD in order to deliver a world-class service experience to their subscribers, especially while using data-intensive applications.
Nokia Networks solutions that enabled the demonstration:
- Commercial Single RAN Advanced hardware, including the Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station for LTE and TD-LTE
- Load balancing capabilities to facilitate optimal utilization of spectrum resources for delivering an unmatched LTE service experience
- Software to aggregate carriers on TDD and FDD LTE spectrums
Aidy Zhang Qi, Vice President of TD-LTE at Nokia Networks, said: "This demonstration is a strong confirmation of Nokia Networks' commitment to take the lead in commercializing TDD-FDD convergence. It also substantiates the industry-leading capabilities of our portfolio, which is tailored to help operators utilize FDD and TDD to optimize network coverage, capacity and throughput."
Did you know?
Nokia was the first to achieve TDD-FDD 2 carrier aggregation.
As of July 2015, there were 17 TDD-FDD LTE commercially deployed networks worldwide. Nokia Networks is a TD-LTE supplier to 10 of these, the highest number among all vendors.
- Press Release: Nokia Networks showcases new TD-LTE-Advanced carrier aggregation features, industry's first 8-pipe 3.5 GHz radio #MWC15
- Video: TD-LTE/FDD LTE Off-loading and Load balancing
Connect with Nokia Networks:
TAGS: TDD-FDD, Carrier Aggregation, Nokia Networks, Japan
By focusing on the human possibilities of technology, Nokia embraces the connected world to help people thrive. Our three businesses are leaders in their fields: Nokia Networks provides broadband infrastructure, software and services; HERE provides mapping, navigation and location intelligence; and Nokia Technologies provides advanced technology development and licensing.
Nokia Networks, which provides broadband infrastructure, software and services, operates at the forefront of our industry. From the first ever call on GSM to the first call on LTE, we have set the pace of innovation, a record that continues with future technologies such as 5G. Together with our operator customers, who serve close to 5 billion subscribers, we are embracing the opportunity of the connected world and helping to solve its challenges.
Phone: +81 80 5686 4643
Phone: +358 (0) 10 448 4900