RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C., Sept. 03, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Overture today announced broadened industry support for pure-play NFV with the addition of five new members to the Harmony Partner Ecosystem. Harmony members help accelerate deployment of pure-play network functions virtualization (NFV) by ensuring that service providers realize service agility and operational efficiency in a purely open virtualized service delivery environment.
“When service providers virtualize their environments, they want the ability to choose best-of-breed VNFs, choose where to place those network functions — centralized, distributed, hybrid — and manage the VNF service life cycle quickly and efficiently as business requirements change,” said Brian Irish, Overture director of marketing. “We are excited to be working with these new members and our existing Harmony partners to provide the industry with even more options and greater flexibility for service virtualization.”
The newest members of the Harmony Partner Ecosystem include:
- EdgeTeam. EdgeTeam Technology is the premier solutions provider for information infrastructure, security, and performance management. We offer an extensive portfolio both enterprise-class and service provider types of customers. We specialize in network architecture & design, network & systems security and network & application performance management. We help organizations plan, design, build and operate their networks and information security systems. Visit www.edgeteam.com for more information.
- Fortinet. Fortinet (NASDAQ:FTNT) protects the most valuable data assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company’s fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Visit www.fortinet.com for more information.
- Silver Peak. Silver Peak enables service providers to deliver SD-WAN and WAN Optimization services, as a managed solution, or as component in a NFV environment. Silver Peak’s WAN solutions provide enterprises with dramatic application performance improvements and the flexibility to leverage a combination of MPLS and broadband Internet connectivity. Visit www.silver-peak.com for more information.
- Sonus. Sonus (Nasdaq:SONS) brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP, SD-WAN and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by enabling and securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can intelligently secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Software-Defined Networking (SDN) capabilities, Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways. Visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS for more information.
- Supermicro®. Supermicro (NASDAQ:SMCI), is a premier provider of end-to-end green computing solutions for Enterprise, Data Center, Cloud, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Founded in 1993 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Supermicro has Operations centers in Silicon Valley, the Netherlands and its Science & Technology Park and Logistics Center in Taiwan. For more information visit www.supermicro.com and follow Supermicro on Facebook and Twitter.
The new Harmony members join 6WIND, Aeroflex, Brocade, Certes Networks, Dell, EnterpriseWeb, H-Log QoS Telecom, InfoVista, Intel, Ixia, JDSU, Kapsch CarrierCom, Metaswitch Networks, Qosmos, Red Hat, Spirent TransCirrus, Veryx and Wind River.
About Overture Networks
Overture transforms delivery of dynamic communications, media and data services with Ensemble OSA™, the only carrier-class open network functions virtualization (NFV) solution providing analytics-driven orchestration and control. With hundreds of CSP customers worldwide Overture is revolutionizing the way we connect, communicate and captivate. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Research Triangle Park, NC, Overture is an industry leader in the development of innovative control and orchestration solutions for virtual and Carrier Ethernet systems. For more information, visit http://www.overturenetworks.com
Media Contact: Deb Lovig Marketing Communications Manager T: +1 (919) 337-4111 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Overture Networks