SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 10, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Apigee® (NASDAQ:APIC), developer of an intelligent API platform, today released new details about the Internet of Things (IoT) Innovation Showcase at the 2015 "I Love APIs" conference, to be held Oct. 12-14, 2015 in San Jose, California. With over 25 exhibits, the IoT Innovation Showcase will highlight how APIs are fueling a new world of connected "things" and creating new opportunities for companies to better serve their customers.
The IoT Innovation Showcase at the "I Love APIs" conference will give attendees an opportunity to learn how some of today's leaders of the IoT movement have successfully taken what were once considered futuristic concepts and made them a reality. Conference attendees will get first-hand access to live exhibits and demos that showcase innovations and trends emerging from the IoT space.
Confirmed exhibitors include:
- Injury Risk Monitor: SAP will demonstrate a solution that works with an API-enabled "connected shirt" and is designed to identify the risk of sports injuries.
- 3D Printing: Autodesk will feature their open connected 3D printing platform Spark and the Spark API.
- Connected Properties: CentraLite Systems will demonstrate how its API-powered Jilia™ IoT framework is enabling connected properties and ecosystems around connected devices.
- Robot Chef: Sereneti Kitchen will demonstrate the cooking prowess and disruptive potential of Cooki, a robotic chef capable of preparing delicious meals.
- Connected Motorcycle: Revio will demonstrate the connected power sports platform that can send alerts in case of an accident or theft.
- Innovation Platform for IoT: Orange will feature its Datavenue platform and APIs, designed to connect objects, store and aggregate data and manage enterprise big data in a secure & protective environment for the user privacy.
- Connected Home: Honeywell will demonstrate how the combination of APIs and Wifi thermostats are enabling comfort when you are home and savings while you are away.
- Smart Asset Management: SAP will demonstrate the use of smart devices to help rapidly report incidents and respond to asset breakdowns.
- Intelligent Retail: Footmarks will demonstrate its beacon-powered digital intelligence solution for physical spaces.
"APIs are key to unlocking the true potential with the Internet of Things," said Chet Kapoor, Apigee CEO. "Our IoT showcase will demonstrate how digital leaders are using APIs to pave the way for the connected world."
The IoT Innovation Showcase will be a highlight for many attendees at "I Love APIs," but there is much more. The conference is comprised of three forums – the Developer Forum, Tech Forum and Strategy Forum – which will offer the conference's attendees access to over 80 sessions from more than 100 digital practitioners.
Attendees can register here for the "I Love APIs" conference today and use the registration code: SPECIALPR for 30% off. For the latest updates on events, speakers, and registration, visit the"I Love APIs" website.
Apigee has also released an animated "I Love APIs' 2015 Checklist" video to provide an entertaining overview of the experience and value attendees can expect from this year's event as they experience the future of digital business firsthand.
Note to editors: Accredited media can receive a free, full conference pass to "I Love APIs" 2015. Email email@example.com for more information or to request a media pass.
Twitter: Follow the conference at #iloveapis15.
About "I Love APIs" 2015
Created in 2013, "I Love APIs" is an annual conference for software developers, technology and business leaders. The 2015 "I Love APIs" conference will be held at the City National Civic and San Jose McEnery Convention Center in downtown San Jose, Calif. on October 12 through October 14. The event will bring back last year's unique "unconference" style with thought-provoking, free-flowing conversation, meaningful networking and a laid-back vibe. Attendees will enjoy all-you-can-eat lunch at Cesar Chavez Park catered by the Bay Area's most popular food trucks, as well as the opportunity to rub shoulders with the elite of the digital world over cocktails at a welcome reception and at an evening gala with the theme "Geek Chic" at the San Jose Tech Museum.
Apigee® (NASDAQ:APIC) provides an intelligent API platform for digital business. Many of the world's largest organizations select Apigee to enable their digital business, including 23 of the Fortune 100, six of the top 10 Global 2000 retail companies, and five of the top 10 global telecommunications companies. Apigee customers include global enterprises such as Walgreens, Burberry, Morningstar, eBay, and First Data. Apigee is headquartered in San Jose, California and has over 400 employees worldwide.
Connect with Apigee
Apigee blog: https://blog.apigee.com/front
Apigee community: https://community.apigee.com/
Apigee is a registered trademark in the U.S. All other trademarks mentioned herein are property of their respective owners.