San Francisco, Sept. 14, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global screenless display market size is expected to reach USD 5.59 billion by 2020, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. These devices came into progress during the year 2013 with the arrival of products such as virtual reality headsets, holographic videos, mobile phones for the elderly, retinal displays, bionic contact lenses, etc.
Browse to access In-depth research report on Global Screenless Display Market with detailed charts and figures: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/screenless-display-market
Proliferation of external monitors, reading devices and mobile phones with large screens serve as key enablers for the industry. As screenless display cost associated with procurement and deployment of the technology reduces, its application will witness exponential growth across industry verticals. Companies are investing in research and development to innovate products such as screenless computers, tablets, televisions and mobile phones.
Screenless displays offer an interactive projection technology developed to solve the issues related to device miniaturization of modern communication technologies. The lack of space in screen-based devices provides an opportunity for screenless display industry growth and development. High system cost may act as a growth restraint.
Get more insights about the Global Screenless Display Market or request for sample of this research report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/screenless-display-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Visual image screenless display market is expected to dominate revenue over the forecast period, which can primarily be attributed to high demand for hologram technology. The limitation of conventional 3D displays is that the observer has no freedom of head movement or the freedom to increase information about the 3D objects being projected. Such limitations are overcome by holographic technology, which allow freedom of movement to the user.
- Consumer electronics accounted for over 40% of the overall revenue in 2014, and is expected to remain the largest application segment over the next few years. Virtual reality and augmented reality are upcoming fields wherein the technology finds considerable application.
- North America screenless display market is expected to remain the industry leader, primarily due to presence of key participants. Manufacturers are constantly developing and enhancing the technology to make it more sophisticated and to integrate it with consumer-grade devices. Google and Vuzix have aimed to increase adoption of smart wearable technology among consumers. Holographic video development is being carried out in MIT's Media Lab.
- Notable players involved in R&D include Avegant, Google, Kapsys, Displair, etc. Optical technology helps project images and data from computers or video players into the viewer's visual field. For instance, MicroVision's HMDs allow Army tank commanders to view the surrounding area from topside while simultaneously viewing a translucent map that floats a couple of feet away. This industry is characterized by M&A activities and strategic alliances to boost technology development.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Smart Water Bottle Market
- Microdisplays Market
- Connected Living Room Market
- Home Networking Devices Market
Grand View Research has segmented the global screenless display market on the basis of technology, application, and region:
Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2020)
- Visual Image
- Retinal Display
- Synaptic Interface
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2020)
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality
- Consumer Electronics
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source:Grand View Research