PRINCETON JUNCTION, N.J., Sept. 14, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Executives from leading mobile, financial services and retail organizations will provide insights on the opportunities and issues facing mobile NFC technology and mobile payments adoption during a full day of keynote presentations next month at the 2015 NFC Solutions Summit, the most anticipated NFC event of the year.
The 2015 NFC Solutions Summit is presented by the Smart Card Alliance in partnership with the NFC Forum, and will be held on October 7-8 at the Arizona Grand Resort in Phoenix. Details about the event, attendees, exhibitors and agenda for the conference are now available at http://www.nfcsolutionssummit.com. Early registration discounts are available until September 16.
"NFC is gaining traction quickly in the U.S. A recent Juniper study says that globally, the number of contactless mobile wallet users globally will jump by 100 percent to 200 million total users by the end of 2016. With so many consumers getting used to using the technology, we have an opportunity to expand NFC into other non-payment applications such as access, identity, ticketing and marketing," said Randy Vanderhoof, executive director of the Smart Card Alliance. "The speakers will explore these and other opportunities at this year's NFC Solutions Summit in Phoenix."
The conference begins on October 7 with a full day of plenary keynote speakers and roundtable panel sessions, including:
- "Business and Technology Trends for the Global NFC Market Report" - Trevor Pavey, Broadcom and NFC Forum Vice Chair
- "U.S. Readiness for a Contactless EMV NFC Payments Experience" - Phil Kumnick, SVP of Acquirer Processing, Visa
- "Mobile Payments: The State of Deployment" - Jason Oxman, CEO, Electronic Transaction Association
- "What Consumer Research Can Tells Us About the Future of Mobile Payments" - Leon Majors, President, Phoenix Marketing International
- "MasterPass – a Platform For Mobile Commerce" - Matt Barr, Group Head, North America Emerging Payments, MasterCard
- "NFC Everywhere" - Jeff Miles, Vice President Mobile Transactions, NXP Semiconductors
- "GSMA Mobile Connect for the U.S. Market" - Rafael Diaz, Strategic Engagements, GSMA North America
- "How Do Mobile Wallet Solutions Stack Up From a Consumer and Business Perspective? – Moderator: Tim Sloane, Mercator Advisory Group. Panelists: Steve Mott, BetterBuyDesign; Sadiq Mohammed, MasterCard Worldwide; John Brady, USAA
- The Future of Mobile Identity and Authentication - Moderator: Bryan Ichikawa, Deloitte & Touche LLP. Panelists: Philip Andreae, Oberthur Technologies; Peter Cattaneo, Identiv
On the second day, October 8, attendees will be invited to choose from multi-speaker panel sessions in separate NFC Technology and NFC Business Solutions tracks, with NFC topics including: the state of the technology; developments in new devices and applications; the status of the growing ecosystem; the promise of payments, marketing, access control and other popular applications; implementation guidance; and North American and international experiences with pilots and implementations.
Prior to the conference, on October 6, attendees are invited to attend a workshop:
Implementation Considerations for NFC and other Mobile Technologies: Payments and Beyond
This workshop will provide an in-depth look at mobile hardware and software considerations, security requirements, and supporting services for mobile payments implementations. The workshop will then look beyond payments to discuss loyalty, coupons/offers, transit, access, ticketing and other mobile/NFC applications. The workshop will wrap up with a panel of experts discussing mobile application implementation challenges.
Separate registration and fees apply to attend this course. To register, visit http://www.nfcsolutionssummit.com.
For continuing updates on the NFC Solutions Summit and related topics, follow @SmartCardOrgUSA on Twitter and use #NFCSolutions Summit to participate in the conversation.
About the Smart Card Alliance
The Smart Card Alliance is a not-for-profit, multi-industry association working to stimulate the understanding, adoption, use and widespread application of smart card technology.
Through specific projects such as education programs, market research, advocacy, industry relations and open forums, the Alliance keeps its members connected to industry leaders and innovative thought. The Alliance is the single industry voice for smart cards, leading industry discussion on the impact and value of smart cards in the U.S. and Latin America. For more information please visit http://www.smartcardalliance.org.
CONTACT: Megan Shamas Montner Tech PR 203-226-9290 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:Smart Card Alliance