WALTHAM, MASS., Sept. 15, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bit9® + Carbon Black®, the market leader in endpoint threat prevention, detection and response, today announced that it expects to achieve record results in 2015 driven by continuing strong demand for the company's next-generation endpoint security solutions.
The company expects to end 2015 with:
• $70M+ in revenue
• 70 percent growth
• 7 million+ software licenses sold
• Almost 2,000 customers worldwide
• 60+ managed security service provider (MSSP) and incident response (IR) partners
The company's elite customer base now includes:
• More than 20 government departments and organizations
• 7 of the top 10 petroleum and refining companies
• 5 of the top 10 apparel companies
• 5 of the top 10 electronics manufacturers
• 5 of the top 10 defense contractors
• 5 of the top 10 Internet services and retailing companies
• 5 of the top 10 specialty retailers
• 4 of the top 10 financial data services companies
• 4 of the top 10 retail department stores
"Bit9 + Carbon Black is on pace for record results for one very good reason: we provide our customers with the industry's only true next-generation endpoint security solution," said Patrick Morley, CEO of Bit9 + Carbon Black. "No other next-generation endpoint security vendor combines the visibility, detection, prevention and response capabilities, as well as the openness of Bit9 + Carbon Black. That's why more organizations of all types and sizes are choosing Bit9 + Carbon Black to arm their endpoints with confidence.
"All of our key growth metrics—revenue, endpoint licenses sold, new customers, business through the channel, and partnerships—are growing rapidly," Morley said.
Key achievements thus far in 2015 include:
• Named Best Endpoint Protection by security professionals in the SANS Institute Awards.
• Carbon Black was the number-one endpoint detection and response solution in a SANS survey, with 68 percent of IR professionals using or evaluating it.
• Delivered Carbon Black version 5.0 and 5.1, the first endpoint threat detection and response solution to deliver continuous recording and live response capabilities
• Introduced a Software-as-a-Service offering for Carbon Black, making it the first and only ETDR solution with continuous endpoint recording, live response and attack recovery capabilities that can be deployed on premises or accessed in a cloud-hosted SaaS model.
• Delivered major capability enhancements to the Bit9 Security Platform and the Threat Intelligence Cloud.
• Continued to invest in Innovation by acquiring security data analytics firm VisiTrend and establishing a technology development center in Boston.
• Became the first advanced threat protection platform to integrate with Microsoft anti-malware and exploit prevention tools to deliver complete endpoint security while reducing the total cost ownership.
• Joined the Microsoft Virus Initiative and Virus Information Alliance, further demonstrating the company's commitment to providing enterprises with the most comprehensive and open security for Windows-based endpoints.
About Bit9 + Carbon Black
Bit9 + Carbon Black is the market leader in next-generation endpoint security. The company expects that by the end of 2015 it will achieve $70M+ in annual revenue, 70 percent growth, 7 million+ software licenses sold, almost 2,000 customers worldwide, partnerships with 60+ leading managed security service providers and incident response companies, and integrations with 30+ leading security technology providers. Bit9 + Carbon Black was voted Best Endpoint Protection by security professionals in the SANS Institute's Best of 2014 Awards, and a 2015 SANS survey found that Carbon Black is being used or evaluated by 68 percent of IR professionals. Companies of all sizes and industries, including more than 25 of the Fortune 100, use Bit9 + Carbon Black to increase security and compliance.
Bit9 and Carbon Black are registered trademarks of Bit9, Inc. All other company or product names may be the trademarks of their respective owners.