NEW YORK, Sept. 16, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Willis North America, a unit of Willis Group Holdings plc (NYSE:WSH), the global risk advisory, re/insurance broking, and human capital and benefits firm, today announced the 10th Annual Managed Care/Pharmacy Benefits Management Roundtable, September 29-30, 2015, in Chicago, IL.
The Willis-sponsored event brings together over 100 risk management, finance, legal and asset preservation professionals for educational and networking opportunities. Participants will include leading specialists from the Willis Managed Care Practice, a sub-specialty of Willis’s National Health Care Practice, along with representatives from dozens of managed care organizations (MCOs) including group health insurers, pharmaceutical benefits managers, local government-sponsored plans, independent provider associations (IPAs) and accountable care organizations (ACOs) of all sizes.
Entitled “It’s A Brave New World,” this year’s forum will focus on helping traditional, hybrid and provider-based managed care organizations address the risks and challenges associated with new legal and regulatory obligations of health care businesses operating in today’s post-health care reform environment.
“Managed care organizations are facing an extremely complex environment which is rapidly evolving based on changes in the regulatory and business environment,” said Frank Castro, who will lead one of the event’s roundtable discussions. “The Annual Roundtable provides an opportunity for risk professionals in the managed care industry to better understand these challenges, gain perspective from their peers and to work with industry specialists to develop unique risk solutions. Willis is proud to be a true partner to the managed care industry and we are committed to delivering valuable solutions to help clients succeed in this brave new world.”
The forum will feature several roundtable discussions led by leading industry specialists, including:
- Keynote: It's a Brave New World
- Gary Cohen, Vice President, Enterprise Regulatory Strategy & Policy at Kaiser Permanente
- Welcome to the Cyber Circus: The Risks Associated with HIPAA/HITECH and Cyber Crime
- Jason Warmbir, FINEX Cyber Team Leader, Willis
- Charles Pruzinsky, Cyber Underwriting, Beazley Group
- David Almeida, Partner, Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton, LLP
- Steve Ziegler, General Counsel, Santa Fe Health Care
- Bill Hardin, Managing Director, Navigant
- The New MCO: Alternative Delivery Models
- Frank Castro, Willis National Health Care Practice Leader
- Kevin Clancy, Vice President of Finance, Family Care
- J. Dale Key, Executive Director of Clinical Integration, New Hanover Regional Medical Center
- Susan Huntington, JD, Health Care Practice, Day Pitney
- Thomas S. Campanella, JD, MA, Associate Professor of Heath Economics and Director of Healthcare MBA, Baldwin Wallace University
- The New Assumption of Risk: Value Based Contracting in the New World
- Kenneth White, JD, Willis National Managed Care Practice Leader
- Bob Coxe, MD, Senior Medical Director, Cigna-HealthSpring
- Jason Kemmer, Principal, Transformation, Evolent
- Michael D. Rohwer, MD, CEO, Performance Health Technology
Willis Group Holdings plc is a leading global risk advisory, re/insurance broking, and human capital and benefits firm. With roots dating to 1828, Willis operates today on every continent with more than 18,000 employees in over 400 offices. Willis offers its clients superior expertise, teamwork, innovation and market-leading products and professional services in risk management and transfer. Our experts rank among the world’s leading authorities on analytics, modelling and mitigation strategies at the intersection of global commerce and extreme events. Find more information at our website, www.willis.com, our leadership journal, Resilience, or our up-to-the-minute blog on breaking news, WillisWire. Across geographies, industries and specialisms, Willis provides its local and multinational clients with resilience for a risky world.
Source:Willis Group Holdings