NEW YORK, Sept. 17, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- With NY Fashion Week coming to a close, many people are on the lookout to incorporate new trends and elements into their wardrobe. BankMobile, America's first absolutely no-fee, online and mobile bank, is providing advice on how to be fashionable on a budget.
"Fashion is something we believe everyone should enjoy and have fun with, but we also know that it can be quite expensive," stated Lulveen Sidhu, Chief Strategy & Marketing Officer at BankMobile. "We are excited to provide some valuable tips on how to change up your style while still keeping your finances in mind."
- Add a pop of color to remix your outfit: Need an easy way to spruce up your wardrobe this season without breaking the bank? Shop for a couple of standout accessories that will add a trendy pop of color or pattern to your more subtle pieces. Think wrap scarves, statement necklaces and tights.
- DIY accessories:
- Belt: One of the latest fashion trends to hit the runway this fall is the rope belt, which is literally a single or double rope tied around your waist to give your outfit some bohemian edge. Make your own with curtain ties or an old shirt for only a few dollars.
- Scarf: Want to rock the new skinny scarf trend? Cut up an old shirt or grab material at the local fabric store.
- Tights: Give your tights an update by painting a trendy new design or saying on them.
- Necklace: Want to add a new pendant necklace to your wardrobe? Shop for just the pendant online and put it on one of your nice chains.
- Get rid of what's not working: If you haven't worn it in six months – it's time to let it go. You can sell your slightly worn garments online or at a consignment store, or donate them to someone you know or a charity. If you have a group of friends who are in your size range – host a style swap party where everyone brings a few items to trade to get a few new pieces to take home.
- Join a membership shopping site to rent clothing and accessories for your big night out: If you're getting ready for your next night out and know that your adventures will be posted all over Instagram and Facebook, then why not rent your look instead? You might not want to wear that outfit again anyways!
- Get discounts sent straight to you: Sign up for loyalty programs at your favorite retailers or find an email newsletter that frequently features freebies to get discounts and special savings sent directly to you via email, text or snail mail. Combine those extra savings with items on sale/clearance (if the store allows) for extra fashion for less scores!
- Don't be afraid to think outside of the box (store): You can find some amazing threads and top name brands at your local outlet or consignment stores.
- Invest in pieces that will stand the test of time and versatility: Think classic, and only allow yourself to buy a few trendy items that will be the staples in your wardrobe for a few years to come. Building your wardrobe to be able to go from day to night and opting for neutral tones like black, gray and khaki are also great strategies for those with a fashion on a budget mindset.
- Create a fashion fund: To make sure you don't overspend on the new season's trends, set up a separate bank account. Set aside a certain portion of your paycheck to go into this account, and don't spend more than what you saved. Your best bet is to find a completely free checking or high-yield savings account, like those offered by BankMobile, if you don't want to pay any fees and prefer banking on your mobile phone.
Learn more about how BankMobile financially empowers its customers to enjoy fashion for less and other aspects of life with tips they can bank by visiting: https://www.bankmobile.com/blog/.
About BankMobile: Established in 2015, BankMobile is America's first no-fee, online and mobile bank and is a division of Customers Bank, with its headquarters in New York. It provides target customers – millennials, the underbanked and middle income households – a digital, effortless, and financially empowering experience. BankMobile offers checking, savings, lines of credit, joint accounts and access to over 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide (BankMobile VIP customers have free access to every ATM in the country, which is more than 400,000 ATMs), a guaranteed higher savings rate than the top four banks in the nation, a personal banker for all customers, and a free financial advisor for VIP customers. It is a Federal Reserve regulated and FDIC-insured commercial bank. Customers Bancorp is the bank holding company for Customers Bank. BankMobile is an independent operating Digital Banking Division of Customers Bank and also of Customers Bancorp. For more information, please visit www.bankmobile.com.
CONTACT: Kati Bergou Rubenstein PR firstname.lastname@example.org 212-843-9314