ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Sept. 17, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Innospec (Nasdaq:IOSP) today announced that it has published its annual Sustainability Report, which provides an overview of the company's progress and activities in 2014. The report outlines the company's eight focus areas: health, safety & the environment; ethics & governance; employees; product sustainability and innovation; economic growth; community; and supply chain engagement.
Key highlights from 2014 include:
- Acquisition of Independence Oilfield Chemicals enhancing the existing capabilities in Innospec's Oilfield Specialties business
- Reduction in resource usage (per tonne of product produced) of Energy, Greenhouse Gases, Hazardous Waste and Water usage
- A 68% reduction in the amount of a material involved in loss of containment events.
- Innospec's reaffirmed commitment to the International Council of Chemical Associations (ICCA) Responsible Care® Global Charter
- A total of 1,357 employees and contractors taking part in Innospec online ethics and compliance training program
- Ongoing support of charities with US$140,337 raised through participation in a number of fund raising and sponsorship events
Patrick S. Williams, President and Chief Executive Officer, said, "We are pleased to publish our sixteenth Sustainable Development Report highlighting the progress we have made to date.
We have delivered strong financial performance in 2014 and reinforced our ambitious growth with the acquisition of Independence Oilfield Chemicals. We continue to deliver our shareholders a good return on investment whilst demonstrating our commitment and progress towards building a sustainable business. We have defined a sustainable strategy that builds on our achievements to date, aligns with our business objectives and reflects our stakeholder's expectations. This gives us clear focus for the coming years as we continue to develop our longer term strategy."
To read the full Innospec 2014 Sustainability Report, please visit www.innospecinc.com
About Innospec, Inc.
Innospec Inc. is an international specialty chemicals company with approximately 1300 employees in 20 countries. Innospec manufactures and supplies a wide range of specialty chemicals to markets in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific. Innospec's Fuel Specialties business specializes in manufacturing and supplying the fuel additives that help improve fuel efficiency, boost engine performance and reduce harmful emissions. Innospec's Performance Chemicals business provides effective technology-based solutions for our customers' processes or products focused in the Personal Care and Polymers markets. Innospec's Octane Additives business is the world's only producer of tetra ethyl lead.