CAMPBELL, Calif., Sept. 21, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ChargePoint Home, the smartest and most attractive home electric vehicle (EV) charging station is now available for order on Amazon. The smart station is competitively priced from $499 to $749.
"Customers choose our stations for their reliability, connectivity and convenience. Now, EV drivers can access the power of ChargePoint from their own home," said ChargePoint CEO Pasquale Romano. "The future of our homes, our cars and our lifestyles will be smarter and more connected because of products like ChargePoint Home. This station is unlike any other on the market, and it will change the way people think about driving, home charging and smart energy management."
ChargePoint Home offers speed, convenience and intelligence all in an ultra-sleek and durable design. With the networked station, drivers can:
- Remote start, scheduling and charging reminders with the ChargePoint mobile app
- Update the station automatically with the latest software upgrades.
- Integrate the station with Nest products to track energy usage and save on energy costs
- Identify their utility provider to get recommendations for the best time to charge
- View all residential, public and workplace charging with their ChargePoint account
The ChargePoint mobile app is available on Google Play and the App Store.
The price of Home is based on power level, installation type and cord length. The station is available as a 32-amp station that can deliver a maximum of 25 miles of Range Per Hour (RPH), or a 16-amp station that can deliver a maximum of 12 RPH and is available in a plug or hardwired version.
Drivers can configure their station at www.chargepoint.com/home/order and will be directed to Amazon to purchase.
Other driver resources on the web include a buying guide, an install guide and video and an electrician tip sheet.
Pricing information for Home is below and for more images contact email@example.com
- ChargePoint Home 12 EV Charger Bundle: 16 Amp Hardwire Station with 12' cord: $499
- ChargePoint Home 12 EV Charger Bundle: 16 Amp Plug Station with 12' cord: $549
- ChargePoint Home 25 EV Charger Bundle: 32 Amp Hardwire Station with 18' cord: $649
- ChargePoint Home 25 EV Charger Bundle: 32 Amp Plug Station with 18' cord: $699
- ChargePoint Home 25 EV Charger Bundle: 32 Amp Hardwire Station with 25' cord: $699
- ChargePoint Home 25 EV Charger Bundle: 32 Amp Plug Station with 25' cord: $749
ChargePoint is the largest and most open electric vehicle (EV) charging network in the world, with more than 24,000 charging locations. Ranked #1 by leading independent research firm, Navigant Research, ChargePoint makes advanced hardware and best-in-class cloud based software. ChargePoint's open network is utilized by many leading EV hardware makers and encourages all EV charging manufacturers to join.
ChargePoint's real-time network information including the availability of charging locations throughout the nation is available through the ChargePoint mobile app, online and via the navigation systems in top-selling EVs including the new BMW i3 and the Nissan LEAF. A driver connects to a ChargePoint station every 6 seconds and by initiating over 11 million charging sessions, ChargePoint drivers have saved 10 million gallons of gasoline, driven 245 million gas free miles and avoided 34 million kilograms of greenhouse gas emissions.
For more information about ChargePoint, visit www.chargepoint.com, www.facebook.com/chargepoint or follow us on Twitter @ChargePointnet.
Photos accompanying this release are available at:
CONTACT: Erin Mellon firstname.lastname@example.org +1.650.793.3696Source: ChargePoint