NEW YORK, Sept. 21, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MarketAxess Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq:MKTX), the operator of a leading electronic trading platform for fixed-income securities, and the provider of market data and post-trade services for the global fixed-income markets, today announced that its twelfth annual Emerging Market (EM) Charity Trading Day will be held on Thursday, September 24, 2015. MarketAxess, in partnership with the Emerging Markets Traders Association (EMTA), will donate all EM transaction revenues from the trading day to emerging markets charities.
"We are pleased to host our EM Charity Trading Day for the twelfth consecutive year. Our EM trading network now includes the local debt markets of over 20 emerging market countries, bringing additional benefit to the local economies. We are extremely grateful to our investor and dealer partners globally for supporting our annual Charity Trading Day," said Sandy White, Emerging Markets Product Manager at MarketAxess.
"MarketAxess has always been a supporter of emerging market industry charity efforts. We are grateful for their donations to charities which have helped children and families of local and global communities gain access to better healthcare and education," said Jonathan Murno, Managing Director at EMTA.
Each year, charities are selected as beneficiaries by emerging markets industry benefit committees in New York and London. The charities that will benefit from this year's donations include:
- Care 2 Communities, which saves lives by bringing sustainable primary health care to communities in the developing world, www.care2communities.org;
- Children of the Andes, which supports street children in Colombia, www.childrenoftheandes.org;
- Children of Peru Foundation, which makes grants to organizations to provide better healthcare and education for disadvantaged children in Peru, www.childrenofperu.org;
- Cotlands, which provides support for children affected by the HIV/AIDS pandemic in South Africa, www.cotlands.org;
- EMpower, a grant-making foundation which connects the emerging markets community with innovative grassroots organizations enabling young people to lead healthy, productive lives, www.empowerweb.org;
- Facing the World, which provides life-changing craniofacial surgery to some of the world's most disadvantaged and vulnerable children, www.facingtheworld.net;
- Health Poverty Action, which provides basic health care to rural communities around the globe, www.healthunlimited.org;
- Orphaned Starfish Foundation, which works with orphans and disadvantaged children throughout Latin America and Ethiopia, www.orphanedstarfish.com; and
- The Miracle Foundation, which empowers orphans to reach their full potential by transforming the way orphanages are run worldwide, starting in India, www.miraclefoundation.org.
The total amount of this year's donations will be announced at the annual London and New York benefits, which are scheduled for Friday, October 2, 2015, and Thursday, December 3, 2015, respectively.
MarketAxess operates a leading electronic trading platform that enables fixed-income market participants to efficiently trade corporate bonds and other types of fixed-income instruments using MarketAxess' patented trading technology. Over 1,000 institutional investor and broker-dealer firms are active users of the MarketAxess trading platform, accessing global liquidity in U.S. high-grade corporate bonds, emerging markets and high-yield bonds, European bonds, U.S. agency bonds, credit default swaps and other fixed-income securities. MarketAxess SEF Corporation has received temporary registration from the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission to operate a swap execution facility. MarketAxess also offers a number of trading-related products and services, including: market data to assist clients with trading decisions; connectivity solutions that facilitate straight-through processing; technology services to optimize trading environments; and execution services for exchange-traded fund managers and other clients. Through its Trax® division, MarketAxess also offers a range of pre- and post-trade services, including trade matching, regulatory transaction reporting and market and reference data, across a range of fixed-income products. Trax is the trading name of Xtrakter Ltd., a MarketAxess group company.
MarketAxess maintains its headquarters in New York and has offices in London, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, São Paulo, Hong Kong and Singapore. For more information, please visit www.marketaxess.com.
Founded in 1990, EMTA (formerly the Emerging Markets Traders Association) is a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to promoting the orderly development of fair, efficient and transparent trading markets for emerging markets instruments, and the integration of the emerging markets into the global financial marketplace. For more information, please visit www.emta.org.
CONTACT: Media Contacts: MarketAxess MarketAxess Holdings, Inc. Diana Bhaktul +1-212-813-6354 EMTA Jonathan Murno +1-646-289-5413
Source:MarketAxess Holdings Inc.