PALO ALTO, Calif., Sept. 23, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cloudera, the leader in enterprise analytic data management powered by Apache Hadoop™, announced today the finalists in each of its nine 2015 Data Impact Awards categories. The awards honor production deployments of CDH, the world's most popular open source Hadoop-based distribution and key component of the Cloudera Enterprise platform. All nominations - which grew in quantity by 55 percent year-over-year since 2014 - are evaluated and scored by an objective panel of more than 25 thought leaders and influencers throughout the data management industry. The winners will be announced at an awards celebration on Tuesday, September 29th at Strata + Hadoop World, New York.
"It has been fascinating to see the growth in Data Impact Awards nominations every year - both in terms of total quantity and in the maturity and impact of each story shared," said Alan Saldich, vice president of marketing, Cloudera. "This year's applicants represent organizations of all sizes, across all industries, and spanning locations around the globe, but they all have one thing in common: they're using data to do something amazing. I'm continuously impressed and humbled by our customers, and am glad for this opportunity to showcase their achievements."
The 2015 Data Impact Awards recognize achievements of CDH users across nine categories, grouped into three overarching themes. This year's finalists are as follows:
Theme: Biggest Business Metrics
- Business Impact: Adecco (nominated by Search Technologies); Coupons, Inc.; MasterCard
- Operational Efficiency ROI: Apollo Education Group; Bell Canada; Costco
Theme: Best Business Stories
- Data Driven Transformation: Experian Marketing Services; Intuit, Inc.; Lineage Logistics
- Path to Production: BT; Markerstudy; Suddenlink Communications
- Social Impact: Cerner; Thorn (nominated by Digital Reasoning)
- Government, Nonprofit, & NGO: Department of Homeland Security - Homeland Security Advanced Research Projects Agency (HSARPA); Great-Circle Technologies, Inc.
Theme: Most Admirable Architectures
- Data Discovery & Analytics: Markerstudy (nominated by Zoomdata); Sanofi (nominated by Trifacta); Tapad; Transamerica (nominated by Informatica)
- Operational Analytics: FICO; Odyssey; OTTO (Gmbh & Co KG)
- Security & Compliance: Equifax Information Services; MasterCard; Visa, Inc.
The 2015 judges include:
- Matt Aslett, 451 Research
- Tom Bain, CounterTack
- Martha Bennett, Forrester
- Andreas Bitterer, BARC
- Drew Conway, Project Florida
- Raj Dalal, BigInsights
- Wayne Eckerson, Eckerson Group
- Mike Ferguson, Intelligent Business Strategies Limited
- Bob Gourley, Crucial Point LLC
- Philip Howard, Bloor Research
- Jeffrey T. Hunter, Capgemini
- Claudia Imhoff, Intelligent Solutions, Inc.
- Ping Li, Accel Partners
- Ben Lorica, O'Reilly
- Curt Monash, Monash Research
- Narendra Mulani, Accenture
- Carl Olofson, IDC
- Jake Porway, DataKind
- Tom Pringle, Ovum
- Neil Raden, Hired Brains Research
- Nik Rouda, ESG
- Svetlana Sicular, Gartner
- Kim Stevenson, Intel
- Rick van der Lans, R20/Consultancy
- Ashish Verma, Deloitte Consulting
- Dan Vesset, IDC
- William McKnight, McKnight Consulting Group
Cloudera is revolutionizing enterprise data management by offering the first unified Platform for big data, an enterprise data hub built on Apache Hadoop. Cloudera offers enterprises one place to store, access, process, secure, and analyze all their data, empowering them to extend the value of existing investments while enabling fundamental new ways to derive value from their data. Cloudera's open source big data platform is the most widely adopted in the world, and Cloudera is the most prolific contributor to the open source Hadoop ecosystem. As the leading educator of Hadoop professionals, Cloudera has trained over 40,000 individuals worldwide. Over 1,800 partners and a seasoned professional services team help deliver greater time to value. Leading organizations in every industry plus top public sector organizations globally run Cloudera in production.
Connect with Cloudera
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/cloudera
Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudera
Join the Cloudera Community: http://cloudera.com/community
Cloudera, Cloudera's Platform for Big Data, Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Flex Edition, Cloudera Enterprise Basic Edition and CDH are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cloudera Inc. in the United States, and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Karina Babcock Cloudera firstname.lastname@example.org +1 (650) 644-3900