Sony Music Latin stars join USO in celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month by spending the day visiting, performing and thanking troops and military families for their service
EXCLUSIVE, BEHIND-THE-SCENES USO CONTENT AVAILABLE BY VISITING USOMOMENTS.ORG/YANDEL – A FIRST TIME OFFERING BY THE USO
ARLINGTON, Va., Sept. 28, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Just one day after releasing his latest track We Are One and announcing his partnership with Tidal, reggaetón star Yandel made a USO visit to Fort Bliss and delivered an electrifying USO performance exclusively for military families Sept. 25. Joining "La Leyenda" (a.k.a. "The Legend") on his moment-filled USO tour was fellow Sony Music Latin label mate and special guest Leslie Grace. As part of the event, which celebrated National Hispanic Heritage month and marked the first USO tour for both artists, the 2015 Latin GRAMMY nominees spent the day visiting, performing and thanking troops and military families for their service. ***USO photo link below***
- Attended by roughly 1,700 soldiers and military families, the USO concert kicked off with a viewing of "¡Gracias!" – the USO's first-ever bilingual PSA in support of the Every Moment Counts campaign which features Yandel and Leslie Grace, among other Sony Music Latin Artists. The duo, along with Sony Music Latin and the USO encourage fans to 1) watch "¡Gracias!," 2) share it online using #USOmoments and 3) join them in thanking our nation's military community.
- Moments after the PSA was shown, the "Princess of Bachata" performed a 30-minute set by, followed by a high-energy arrangement by Yandel – complete with professional dancers, multi-color lights and snippets from his HBO special Yandel: Legacy, De Líder a Leyenda Tour.
- Prior to hitting the stage, both artists met privately with troops and military families – where they extended their gratitude and posed for photos.
- Earlier that afternoon Leslie Grace went on a tour of Fort Bliss, where she learned about day-to-day base operations, spoke briefly with military fans and visited the USO El Paso's East Fort Bliss Center – a 6,500 square-foot facility that provides a warm, comforting place where local troops and families can connect and relax.
- To sign up to receive exclusive, behind-the-scenes USO content visit USOMoments.org/Yandel.
- Born and raised in Puerto Rico, Yandel has been making music for more than 15 years. Half of the superstar reggaetón duo Wisin & Yandel, which released nine studio albums and sold more than 20 million copies collectively, Yandel went solo in 2013. Coming up, the songwriter/producer will kick off his international tour in late September as well as release his third solo studio album, "Dangerous," in early November, among many other projects.
- Born in the Bronx and raised in Florida, Dominican singer/songwriter Leslie Grace released her debut first studio album in 2009, followed by her self-entitled compilation in 2013. The face of Colgate toothpaste, the star is currently working on her third studio album due out in early 2016. Among Leslie Grace's many hits are Will U Still Love Me Tomorrow, Be My Baby, Odio No Odiarte, Nadie Como Tu and Cómo Duele el Silencio.
Attributed to Yandel:
"Thank you to all the soldiers who support me and keep us safe. I hope everyone enjoyed the show. A special thank you also to the USO and Sony Music Latin for putting this event together."
Attributed to Leslie Grace:
"I have a few friends, abroad and in the states at 29 Palms, who serve. So, for me, it's very close to home to be able to bring that sort of comfort that I know music can bring and that the USO is bringing to these troops. Whether it be someone for who is deployed, someone who is back home or for the families of those who are gone, I think that's something so beautiful... And I'm just glad I can be a part of it."
USO Photos: http://bit.ly/1EFBcFg
USO Every Moment Counts PSA: http://bit.ly/1WrGatU
Exclusive USO Content: www.USOMoments.org/Yandel
About the USO
The USO lifts the spirits of America's troops and their families millions of times each year at hundreds of places worldwide. We provide a touch of home through centers at airports and military bases in the U.S. and abroad, top quality entertainment and innovative programs and services. We also provide critical support to those who need us most, including forward-deployed troops, military families, wounded warriors, troops in transition and families of the fallen. The USO is a private, non-profit organization, not a government agency. Our programs and services are made possible by the American people, support of our corporate partners and the dedication of our volunteers and staff.
In addition to individual donors and corporate sponsors, the USO is supported by President's Circle Partners: AT &T, BNSF Railway, Clark Construction Group, LLC, The Coca-Cola Company, JCPenney, Johnson & Johnson, Kroger, Northrop Grumman Corporation and Four-Star Partners: BIC, ConAgra Foods, FedEx, GEICO, Harris Teeter, Jeep, Lockheed Martin, Microsoft Corporation, NFL, Procter & Gamble, TKS Telepost Kabel-Service Kaiserslautern GmbH & Co. KG and Wawa Inc. We are also supported through the United Way and Combined Federal Campaign (CFC-11381). To join us in this important mission, and to learn more about the USO, please visit uso.org.
Photos accompanying this release are available at:
CONTACT: Oname Thompson (703) 908-6471 office email@example.com
Source: United Service Organizations (USO)