San Francisco, Sept. 30, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global market for fish oil is expected to reach USD 3,300.0 million by 2020. Fish oil demand is expected to show significant growth, following increasing human consumption, owing to rising health awareness and benefits provided by omega 3 fatty acids and other nutraceuticals. In addition, accelerating demand for aquaculture is further expected to fuel market growth for fish oil. Volatile fish oil prices, owing to static fish oil production, in contrast to the accelerating demand is expected to be a key challenge for market participants. Asia Pacific and Latin America are expected to be the fastest growing markets in term of demand due to increasing salmon farms in Chile and aquaculture of carps in China.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Fish Oil Market Analysis By Application (Aquaculture, Direct Human Consumption) And Segment Forecasts To 2020" at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/fish-oil-market-analysis-by-application-aquaculture-direct-human-consumption-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Aquaculture was the largest application segment, accounting for 772.4 kilo tons of fish oil demand in 2013 that is expected to reach 843.6 kilo tons in 2020, growing at a CAGR of 1.0% over next six years. It is expected to dominate the market share over the forecast period owing to increase in demand for species such as salmon, trout, carp, tilapias and marine fishes. Rapid expansion of aquaculture in Asia Pacific can be seen as a large market opportunity for growth of fish oil market. In addition, direct human consumption sector is further expected to show considerable growth at a CAGR of 1.6% from 2014 to 2020.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global fish oil demand was 1,090.0 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 1,200.0 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 1.12% from 2014 to 2020.
- Salmon and trout was the largest application segment for aquaculture in fish oil, which accounted for about 66.91% of market share in 2013. The revenue was USD 854.7 million in 2013 and is expected to reach USD 1,498.7 million in 2020.
- Europe was the largest regional market for fish oil accounting for 491.5 kilo tons of demand in 2013. High level of consumer awareness regarding the benefits of fish oil in terms of omega 3 proteins is the key factor responsible for high share.
- Key participants in global fish oil market include EPAX AS, Croda Inc., Omega Protein Corporation and COPEINCA ASA.
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/food
Fish Oil Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Salmon & Trout
- Marine Fish
- Direct Human Consumption
Fish Oil Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
Related reports by Radiant Insights:
- Global Green Coffee Bean Extract Industry Report -http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/global-green-coffee-bean-extract-industry-2015-market-research-report
- China Sugar Industry Report -http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/china-sugar-industry-2015-market-research-report
- Global Bean Sprouts Industry Report -http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/global-bean-sprouts-industry-2015-market-research-report
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights