GREENVILLE, S.C., Oct. 2, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- (from SYNNEX Inspire North American Conference) -- SYNNEX Corporation (NYSE:SNX), a leading Technology Solutions distributor, has joined forces with Microsoft Corp. and Lightspeed Systems to offer a comprehensive mobile device management system for Windows to K-12 education solutions providers, along with a suite of SYNNEX' white glove integration services. The Lightspeed Systems solution is 100 percent tailored and optimized for education and the needs of schools. Bringing together the benefits from its mature practice and ecosystem for the K-12 Education channel, the expertise of its Microsoft Global Business Unit's team, and Lightspeed Systems' tools to make learning safe, managed, and mobile, SYNNEX empowers K-12 resellers to bring a comprehensive and exclusive solution for Windows to the school systems they serve.
"Lightspeed Systems is a trusted platform among educators to help manage the digital learning process in their classrooms," said Eddie Franklin, Vice President, Sales, Public Sector and Vertical Markets, SYNNEX Corporation. "Being able to offer a holistic device management platform for Windows gives our customers a seat at the table on how to service their school systems' Windows devices."
"SYNNEX is known for its excellence in delivering high-value solutions for the K-12 Education technology space and Microsoft," said Lightspeed Systems President Brian Thomas. "We are excited to come together with them to offer this opportunity for SYNNEX customers to expand conversations with their education clients to include a Windows device management solution."
"Whether teachers and students are purchasing new devices or upgrading existing devices to Windows 10, the package of Lightspeed device management and SYNNEX services is a cost-effective way to simplify device management and classroom management, enabling them to achieve more," said Tony Prophet, Corporate Vice President, Education Marketing, Microsoft.
SYNNEX and Lightspeed's three different management solutions:
- Web Filter – Ensures compliance, student safety, flexible policies, reporting and access to valuable web resources without over-blocking
- Mobile Manager – Delivers a comprehensive MDM solution that makes it easy to roll out, manage, and safely utilize mobile devices for learning, providing cloud-based management of devices, learning, app pushing, feature control and reporting
- Classroom Orchestrator - Provides classroom management to help overcome the challenge of monitoring a full classroom of devices, empowering teachers to keep students engaged and on-task
SYNNEX' suite of white glove integration services include:
- Pre-Sales Consultation – From inception through drafting deployment project plans
- Full Lightspeed Systems Management Bundle for Windows – first-time set up and support for existing environments
- Pre-Flight Readiness – SYNNEX assigns the school-specific settings, enrolls the mobile device into the school's management console, and delivers hardware
- Scheduled mobile device 30-, 60-, and 90-day usage reviews and consultation for effective use of the Lightspeed Classroom Orchestrator and deployed assets
Lightspeed can manage any Windows device using Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. Currently, SYNNEX is offering a bundled solution with Lightspeed and Windows-enabled Acer Cloudbooks. To learn more about Lightspeed's mobile device management solutions for Windows, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SYNNEX Corporation (NYSE:SNX), a Fortune 500 corporation, is a leading business process services company, optimizing supply chains and providing outsourced services focused on customer relationship management. SYNNEX distributes a broad range of information technology systems and products, and also provides systems design and integration solutions. Concentrix, a wholly-owned subsidiary of SYNNEX Corporation, offers a portfolio of strategic solutions and end-to-end business services around customer engagement strategy, process optimization, technology innovation, front and back-office automation and business transformation to clients in ten identified industry verticals. Founded in 1980, SYNNEX Corporation operates in 25 countries around the world. Additional information about SYNNEX may be found online at www.synnex.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements in this release that are forward-looking, such as solution and service features and capabilities and success of the collaboration, involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, which may cause the Company's actual results in future periods to be materially different from any future performance that may be suggested in this release. The Company assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained in this release.
Copyright 2015 SYNNEX Corporation. All rights reserved. SYNNEX, the SYNNEX Logo, CONCENTRIX, and all other SYNNEX company, product and services names and slogans are trademarks or registered trademarks of SYNNEX Corporation. SYNNEX, the SYNNEX Logo, and CONCENTRIX Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm. Off. Other names and marks are the property of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Amanda Long Hughes Agency email@example.com 864-271-0718