GETTYSBURG, PA., Oct. 5, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OPEN MINDS is pleased to announce the faculty for the upcoming OPEN MINDS Technology & Informatics Institute, to be held October 27-28, 2015 at The Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, D.C. The 2015 OPEN MINDS Technology & Informatics Institute is a two-day event focused on the emerging technologies changing the management, financing, and delivery of care for consumers with complex needs. The theme for this year's meeting is Building Your Tech Edge: Using The Power of Information & Technology For Competitive Advantage – with a focus on increasing the value of your technology investments (and your competitive advantage).
To lead the institute agenda, OPEN MINDS has assembled members of its expert consulting team and innovative industry thought leaders who are making technology work for them and for consumers with complex support needs.
The institute will open with a keynote presentation, "Making The Transition To Value-Based Payment: Transforming Your Organization For The New Normal," delivered by Paul Grundy, M.D., M.P.H., FACOEM, FACPM, Global Director of Healthcare Transformation, IBM, & President, Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative.
David K. Kelley, M.D., M.P.A., Chief Medical Officer, Office of Medical Assistance Programs, Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, will close the first day of the institute with a plenary address, "Leveraging The Power Of Analytics To Shape Medicaid Policy & Practices For Complex Consumers: The Experience Of Pennsylvania's Medicaid Program."
David C. Mohr, Ph.D., Director, Center for Behavioral Intervention Technologies & Professor, Preventive Medicine, Northwestern University, will deliver the keynote presentation, "165,000 Health Care Apps & Counting: What We've Learned & Where We're Going With Digital Mental Health," to open the second day of the institute.
In addition, the institute will be led by a prestigious team of faculty, including:
- Deb Adler, Sr. Vice President, Specialty Network Services, Optum
- May Ahdab, Ph.D., President & CEO, CoCENTRIX
- George Braunstein, M.A., FACHE, Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Bill Cadieux, Chief Information Officer, The Providence Center
- Dana S. Careless, LPC, Manager for Health Promotion, Philadelphia Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual disAbility Services
- Marilyn Cook, LSCSW, Executive Director, COMCARE of Sedgwick County
- Tina Esposito, Vice President, Center for Health Information Services, Advocate Health Care
- Kristen Ford, M.P.H., Senior Director, Product Innovation, Magellan Health
- Bryan Griffiths, Vice President, Informatics Solutions, CoCENTRIX, Speaker Organization
- Raymond T. Heipp, Ph.D., Director of Assistive and Educational Technologies, Westminster Technologies, Inc.
- Sharon Hicks, Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Kishor Joshi, M.B.A., Chief Executive Officer, Pertexa Healthcare Technologies, Inc.
- Gerry Miller, Founder & Chief Technologist, Cloudticity
- Fred Muench, Ph.D., Director, Digital Health Interventions, North Shore-LIJ Health System
- Joseph P. Naughton-Travers, Ed.M., Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Monica E. Oss, Chief Executive Officer, OPEN MINDS
- Howard Shiffman, Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Alsten Tauro, Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Neal Tilghman, M.P.A., Senior Vice President, Product Management, CoCENTRIX
- Nancy Toscano, Ph.D., Vice President of Strategy & Organizational Improvement, UMFS
- Robin Trush, M.A.O.M., Director of Operations, BHINAZ/BHIP
- Marc Upchurch, M.B.A., Chief Information Officer, Mental Health Systems
- Pamela Vaught, Ed.D., President & CEO, Comprehend, Inc.
- Laura Young, Executive Director, BHINAZ/BHIP
"At OPEN MINDS, we believe that the organizations that will be most successful in this new era of value-based care will be those that have the ability to leverage the emerging technologies – from informatics, telehealth, and decision support, to remote monitoring, digital medicine, robotics, and more," explains Monica Oss, Chief Executive Officer, OPEN MINDS. "That's why our 2015 program is focused on the strategies needed to gather a competitive edge with technology. We've assembled a team of industry experts that will provide attendees with the perspectives and tools needed to build their organization's technology edge."
More information on The 2015 OPEN MINDS Technology & Informatics Institute, including faculty biographies, a complete institute agenda, and information about sponsors, exhibitors and attending organizations can be found online at: https://technology.openminds.com/. For members of the media interested in a press pass, please contact Angela McDonald, Marketing Manager, OPEN MINDS, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online registration for the 2015 OPEN MINDS Technology & Informatics Institute is now available to executives of health and human service organizations at https://technology.openminds.com/register/.
OPEN MINDS is a national market intelligence firm specializing in the sectors of the health and human service industry serving individuals with complex support needs: mental health; addiction treatment; children and family services; intellectual and developmental disabilities; chronic disease management; long term care; social services; correctional health care, reentry and diversion; and juvenile justice.
Founded in 1987 and based in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, the 75+ associates believe by providing the latest market intelligence and management best practices to organizations serving the health and social support needs of the most vulnerable consumers, those organizations will be better able to provide efficient and effective services. Learn more at www.openminds.com.
For additional questions and inquiries, please contact Tim Snyder, Vice President, Marketing, OPEN MINDS at 717-334-1329 or email@example.com.
CONTACT: Tim Snyder Vice President, Marketing 717-334-1329 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Open Minds