- Newly appointed ex-Siemens Enterprise and ex-Aruba Networks senior executive Wolfram Fischer joins Mitel as Senior Vice President for EMEA region
- Promotion of former DeTeWe senior exec Christian Fron to Vice President Sales, Mitel DACH region ensures continuity and best-of-breed in-market expertise
- New DACH structure supports existing channel partner relationships and drive sales growth across the region
BERLIN, Oct. 6, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mitel® (Nasdaq:MITL) (TSX:MNW), a global leader in real-time business, cloud and mobile communications, has today announced the appointment of two new senior sales executives to further accelerate the company's market leading position in EMEA. With the #1 market share position in EMEA* and the industry's fastest growing global cloud business, the appointments come as Mitel expands its cloud and integrated real-time communications offering across Western Europe.
Joining Mitel as Senior Vice President for EMEA is Wolfram Fischer whose mandate is to further expand Mitel's position as a leading provider of cloud, mobile, contact center and enterprise solutions across the region. Prior to joining Mitel, Fischer was at Aruba Networks EMEA and managed EMEA and APAC for Siemens Enterprise Communications. He also worked at HP leading the Professional Services Unit in EMEA, managing the Enterprise Hardware and Service Business in Germany and was worldwide head of sales for the HP Services Unit.
Mitel has also appointed Christian Fron as Vice President of for the DACH region having previously been Managing Director of DeTeWe. Christian Fron's role will supplement the existing sales leads in EMEA:
- Gijs Borsboom, VP Sales, Northern Europe
- Bernard Etchenagucia, VP Sales, Southern Europe
- Simon Skellon, VP Sales, UK
- Ciaran Kelly, VP Sales, MEA
Wolfram and Christian's appointments coincide with the simplication of Mitel's Western Europe sales structure to drive further market opportunities in Germany, Austria and Switzerland as a single DACH region. In doing so Mitel continues to support existing channel partner relationships and will allow key VARs to maintain relationships established across the region under Mitel's leadership.
Graham Bevington, Mitel Chief Sales Officer said: "We see the business communications market in EMEA as being on the verge of a technology revolution, as enterprises and carriers start to adopt new cloud-based and mobile services to drive their business. With over 25 years of experience, Wolfram Fischer and Christian Fron were selected based on their knowledge and expertise in the industry. They are the right choice to shape Mitel's transformation to real-time cloud and mobile solution providers."
Wolfram Fischer, SVP Mitel EMEA said: "Mitel is in a fantastic position in the ICT market and Europe is primed to embrace the next evolution of real-time communications. Our customers recognize Mitel as a leader in this field and I'm excited to be in a position to drive that success even further."
Christian Fron, VP, Sales, DACH said: "Moving to a DACH regional structure simplifies and leverages Mitel's best practice across the German speaking markets, ensuring our partners and customers have immediate access to the right specialists regardless of geography, and a more effective support network around developments in future technology trends."
*MZA, Q2 2015, PBX/IP PBX World Report
- Mitel holds the #1 market share position in EMEA*
- Nearly One out of Four New Cloud Communications Users Chooses Mitel
- More than 1.6 million users around the world rely on Mitel for cloud communications.
- Mitel is recognized by Gartner as a Leader for Unified Communications Globally
- Discover "How Cloud Communications Is Opening Up Possibilities"
- Check out "10 Reasons Companies Are Moving Communications to the Cloud Today"
- Find out how to "Put Together a Winning Cloud Lineup"
- #Mitel drives channel and partner success in #cloud and #mobile in Europe with new management team. Read more
- Wolfram Fischer joins #Mitel as Senior Vice President for EMEA region. Read more
- Christian Fron appointed Vice President Sales, #Mitel DACH region. Read more
Tags, Keywords: Mitel, Graham Bevington, Christian Fron, Wolfram Fischer, DeTeWe, Voice over WLAN, Voice over LTE, cloud, DACH
A global market leader in enterprise and mobile communications powering more than 2 billion business connections and 2 billion mobile subscribers every day, Mitel (Nasdaq:MITL) (TSX:MNW) helps businesses and mobile carriers connect, collaborate and provide innovative services to their customers. Our innovation and communications experts serve more than 60 million business users in more than 100 countries, and 130 mobile service providers including 15 of the top 20 mobile carriers in the world. That makes us unique, and the only company able to provide a bridge between enterprise and mobile customers. For more information, go to www.mitel.com and follow us on Twitter @Mitel.
Mitel is the registered trademark of Mitel Networks Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Media - Americas Camille Beasley 469-212-0433 email@example.com Media - EMEA/AP Duncan Miller +44 (0) 1291 612 646 firstname.lastname@example.org Investors Michael McCarthy 469-574-8134 email@example.com Industry Analysts Cynthia Navarro 469-574-8113 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:Mitel Networks Corporation