PORTSMOUTH, Va., Oct. 07, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- With the holidays approaching, House Call Company, Hampton Roads’ premiere HVAC, plumbing, electrical and insulation company, encourages homeowners to equip their home for one of the most active seasons. Given the cooler weather and increased foot traffic, it’s important to ensure the inside and outside of your home is in tip-top condition.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/55f305c9-469c-4f35-b8bb-743bb005de78
Here are a few fall maintenance tasks to help prepare your home:
- Add germicidal lights – The cold and flu season is coming. Protect your home’s air with easy to install and highly effective germicidal lights. Don’t let these viruses have free rein in your home.
- Eliminate drafts – Reduce energy bills by removing drafts around windows, siding, and joints. Seal any potential air leaks with caulk or ask a professional for help.
- Check your humidifier – To keep your home's humidity at its proper level – between 40 to 60 percent – you may need to add moisture when it gets too dry. Proper humidification protects wood floors, instruments, art and furniture from dry air.
- Improve air purification – When you use the right purification system in your home, you can effectively remove pollutants from disrupting your indoor air quality.
- Inspect your heating system – Before the harsh weather comes, be sure to get your heating system inspected or replaced. It’s beneficial to make an appointment before the busy season, so you can schedule a time that’s convenient for you.
The experts at House Call Company assembled additional suggestions in a Fall Maintenance infographic providing do-it-yourself tips and professional guidance to keep your home warm and cozy this season!
"Fall is a perfect time to take care of maintenance tasks that can increase safety and improve the comfort level of your home," said Raymond Walsh, general manager of House Call Company. “We hope these resources will allow homeowners to tackle the projects themselves or tool them with the necessary information to make an informed decision.”
House Call Company will continue holding their EcoEd learning series at their Chesapeake Square Mall location should Hampton Roads residents want to stop by for tutorials. For more details, call 757-349-3403 or visit www.HouseCallCompany.com.
About House Call Company
As Hampton Roads’ premiere HVAC, plumbing, electrical and insulation company, House Call Company is a one-stop shop offering a holistic approach to improving homes; therefore, improving lives. From heating and air conditioning to plumbing, electrical and home performance services, House Call Company helps homeowners live in the most efficient and comfortable home possible. A preferred service provider for both Service Nation and Angie’s List and an approved contractor for Dominion Virginia Power’s home energy programs, House Call Company has helped homeowners all across the East Coast for over 12 years.
CONTACTS: Raymond Walsh House Call Company Phone: 757-398-1820 E-mail: Ray.Walsh@HouseCallCompany.com Gillian Luce Reed & Associates Marketing, Inc. Phone: 757-962-7375 E-mail: Gillian@ReedandAssociatesMarketing.com
Source:House Call Company