San Francisco, Oct. 15, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global fumaric acid market size is anticipated to be valued at USD 764.8 million by 2020, as per a new research report by Radiant Insights, Inc. Growing processed food demand coupled with RTD (ready-to-drink) beverages consumption is expected to drive market. Energy drink consumption by athletes coupled with innovation in flavors for food & beverages is likely to surge market growth. Fumaric acid used as an intermediate in unsaturated polyester resins (UPR) is set to grow owing to increasing infrastructure spending in countries such as China, India and Brazil. Stringent government regulations to curb carbon emissions are expected to challenge the industry.
The report "Fumaric Acid Market Size & Research Report, 2020" is available now to Radiant Insights customers and can also be purchased directly at
Food & beverages dominated the application segment with a market share of 34.3% in 2013. This application is likely to witness significant growth rates with an estimated CAGR of 7.0% up to 2020. Fumaric acid properties such as flavor enhancer, pH controller and micro-organism growth controller favor its demand in food & beverages. UPR application is likely to grow at moderate rates of 5.8% up to 2020. Growth in UPR consumption for automobile production particularly in Asia economies of Indonesia, Thailand, India and China is anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key report insights suggest:
- Global fumaric acid market size was estimated at 233.3 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to register 346.2 kilo tons by 2020 growing with an estimated CAGR of 5.9% from 2014 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific dominated the regional market with a share of 61.5% in 2013 and is expected grow at higher growth rates up to 2020. Increasing per-capita disposable income and preference of convenience food owing to hectic lifestyle is expected to drive the regional demand.
- North America was the second largest regional market and is likely to witness growth rates estimated at 4.1% from 2014 to 2020. Growing popularity of sports drink particularly in U.S. is expected to drive regional demand. European market is likely to cross USD 80 million by 2020 owing to preference of convenience food consumption.
- Moderately consolidated fumaric acid market consists of MNCs and domestic companies. These companies include Polynt, Prinova, Fuso Chemicals and Bartek Ingredients. Other prominent companies include Dastech International Inc, Thirumalai Chemicals, U.S. Chemicals LLC and Nippon Shokbai.
For the purpose of this study, Radiant Insights has segmented the Fumaric Acid Market on the basis of application and region:
Global Fumaric Acid Application Overview (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2007 - 2020)
- Food & Beverages
- Rosin Paper Sizes
- Unsaturated Polyester Resins (UPR)
- Alkyd Resins
Browse All Reports of This Category at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/chemicals
Global Fumaric Acid Regional Overview (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2007 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights:
- Glycerol Market Research Report –http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/glycerol-market
- Biocides Market Research Report –http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/biocides-market
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights