MELVILLE, N.Y., Oct. 19, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nikon Instruments Inc., innovator of advanced optical instruments, is today introducing a collection of the latest cutting-edge imaging solutions at the Society for Neuroscience’s annual Neuroscience 2015 meeting in Chicago. All new solutions will be on display along with a number of favored, flagship products at Nikon’s booth #1033.
Attendees can get a first-hand look at the latest from Nikon, including an all-new Dual IR A1r+ Multiphoton (MP) system for simultaneous two-color MP imaging, and a large format MP platform ideal for custom intra-vital imaging. Two new Nikon super-resolution systems will also be unveiled, along with JEOL’s newest benchtop scanning electron microscope.
“As the work of neuroscientists advances year-over-year, so too must the equipment and imaging solutions that we’re introducing to facilitate their research,” said Steve Ross, Ph.D., General Manager, Products and Marketing, Nikon Instruments Inc. “This year was certainly no exception. We’re proud to deliver these incredible advancements from Nikon Instruments to the esteemed scientific community at Neuroscience 2015 – and help scientists all over the world to bring their research to the next level.”
Nikon will also be showcasing a collection of favored, flagship solutions, including state-of-the-art illumination devices, the flagship A1r+ confocal scanning system and Nikon’s powerful NIS-Elements acquisition and analysis software platform, among others.
NEW from Nikon Instruments at Neuroscience 2015
- Dual IR A1r+ Multiphoton: This all-new dual IR multiphoton (MP) system enables simultaneous two-color MP imaging.
- Large Format A1r Multiphoton: This new large-format, open architecture MP platform accommodates large specimens and stereotactic devices for custom intra-vital imaging.
- N-STORM 4.0: The next generation N-STORM 4.0 super-resolution system is developed for imaging live, dynamic events at 10 times the resolution of conventional light microscopes.
- New software tools to enhance N-SIM imaging experience.
- N-SIM E: A streamlined, personal super-resolution system designed for the individual lab.
- Optogenetics solutions: Solutions for optogenetics applications including digital micromirror devices and laser-point-scanning devices to turn on neurons.
- NeoScope JCM-6000Plus: JEOL’s newest benchtop scanning electron microscope.
Even more from Nikon Instruments
- A1r+ confocal: Powerful flagship scanning system featuring high-speed resonant scanners and ultra-sensitive GaAsP detectors to extract the most from your demanding samples.
- SMZ25 and SMZ1270: Nikon’s advanced and basic stereomicroscopes for high-resolution fluorescence imaging and dissection.
- LAPPs and LUNV: Modular illuminators and flexible laser combiner to meet your custom imaging needs.
Neuroscience 2015 attendees are invited to experience all of the above systems and products at Nikon’s booth #1033.
ABOUT NIKON INSTRUMENTS INC.
Nikon Instruments Inc. is a world leader in the development and manufacture of optical and digital imaging technology for biomedical applications. Now in its 98th year, Nikon provides complete optical systems that offer optimal versatility, performance and productivity. Cutting-edge instruments include microscopes, digital imaging products and software. Nikon Instruments is one of the microscopy and digital imaging arms of Nikon Inc., the world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology. For more information, visit www.nikoninstruments.com. Product-related inquiries may be directed to Nikon Instruments at 800-52-NIKON.
Source: Nikon Instruments